'Flat Stanley' goes FAST! (1 Viewer)

Tim5636sc

Nitro Member
JRX, please fill in the blanks for those who might not know the back story.

If you know the story of 'Flat Stanley', you will know that he has a very 'storied' past. Yesterday, the afore mentioned Stanley went for a ride with 'Fast' Jack Beckman during the final qualifying session at the Summitracing.com nationals in Las Vegas, Nevada-to become the quickest and fastest make belief character in history.

Stay tuned for a complete wrap up on the weekend adventures of 'Flat Stanley', including the first round 'nitromater' connection (paging Mrs. Arend):D.

OK a little background...

My second grade daughter Katie came home from school and told me about her class project. They had read a book called Flat Stanley. The exercise was to learn about letter writing so they had to mail out hand made copies of Flat Stanley. The idea was to see what kind of fun Flat Stanley could have, and the children would gain a glimpse of his adventures. Katie wanted him to go drag racing. She is quite the fan, having been to the Chicago race several times, as well as our local track, Martin 131.

The deadline was approaching, so a middle man was needed. This is where Flat Stanley's agent and manager comes into the picture. I was speaking to Tim Charlet on the phone one night and ran it by him. Of course, for a percentage, Tim would hand deliver the letter to Las Vegas and Jack Beckman. Katie wrote to Jack via Tim and the adventure was on. Last night Flat Stanley went [email protected] for his first taste of nitro thunder. What a wild ride it must of been!

I would like to thank Tim Charlet and especially Jack Beckman for making the second grade class at Immaculate Heart of Mary School in Grand Rapids, Michigan and Katie Rogers feel like superstars!

Flat Stanley goes to the races....and he's not done yet!

Here's a link... Flat Stanley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stanley UPDATE:

'Stanley switches classes'

After a sucessfully helping 'Fast Jack' Beckman reach the number 13 qualifying effort yesterday, 'Flat Stanley 1' has decided to switch classes heading into Sundays final eliminations.

Currently 'Flat Stanley' is riding with your number one qualifier in Pro Stock, Mike Edwards. Stanley was on board with Edwards in round one, and will ride with him unti his day is over. Hopefully, Stanley will meet Wally later today.

'Stanley 1' has a twin brother as well. 'Stanley 2' was literally on board with Jeff Arend in round one. He was attached to the driver side window. Due to spoiler rules on the 'mater', I can not tell you the outcome of his run, however Jeff, Windy and the entire DHL team were great in giving 'stanley' a ride.

that is so cool. Now all I need to do is flatten myself to get a ride :)

Kudos to all involved on this

Hillary Will did this for my friends daughter 2 years ago and we had a blast with it! "Fast Stan" logged over 13,000 miles and made several passed in the dragster. He reported every week to the class and at the end of the project, all of the kids got autographed pictures. Stan did lose a foot in the process, but that is just what happens when you go 330 mph!!! They did some emergency surgery and got him all fixed up!

Hillary wrote a blog about it when they were here for the Ennis race. They all came out to my gig at Dick's last resort too!

Ok-you got me beat. Back when my son was in ? grade doing the Flat Stanley thing, I was drag racing bikes. His flat guy only got a 8.90 @ 150. :(

Today was a great day for Katie and her classmates. Last week I printed up the TV times for the races for the boys and girls in the second grade. We have gained a few new young fans too. Tonight I received several emails from parents saying how much fun their kids had watching the show....wild huh!

Here's a little proof of how much Katie enjoys Funny Cars...

katiefunnycar2.jpg

I had a chance to meet Stanley in the pit Saturday! Talk about a partyhound! Reminds me of that buddy character.....:p

Well, yes Chris....you did get a chance to party with 'Stanley' in the Winner's Circle. There will be plenty of 'Stanley' coverage for the remainder of the season. More to come on this story in about a week.

Hey Tim,

Thanks for introducing me to flat Stanley during round 1, and it was nice to meet you too.

If you bring him back in October maybe we can do a flat Stanley video?

Dan

Hey Tim,

Thanks for introducing me to flat Stanley during round 1, and it was nice to meet you too.

If you bring him back in October maybe we can do a flat Stanley video?

Dan

i am thinking more than that. Flat stanley will be headed to atlanta, and hopefully the story will reach epic level. If you are a racer and would like stanley to visit you send me an email at [email protected] . Sportsman or pro. It does not matter. I will write a flat stanley release for you and your team. Lets make this big Mater-NATION!

Looks like Fast (Flat) Stanley is now part of Team Wilkerson! Bob Wilber is having quite the time with the little guy. I showed this blog to the kids at school today and you would not believe the reaction! The girls liked the cats, and the boys liked the chili dog. What a cool way to get 8yr olds involved! Thanks so much to Bob Wilber, Team Wilkerson, and Fast (Flat) Stanley's agent...Tim Charlet!

Here's a link to the Wilk blog... Levi, Ray & Shoup team

I wonder if Flat Stanley plans on Partying like he did with us in the "Pit" at Vegass? That dude can throw the Sh@t down!:eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back