FIRE power...... (1 Viewer)

Sean D, shondoo

Nitro Member
Was really impressed and pleased to see Delco running as well as he did this weekend. Growing up in a Chevrolet household, it was always Reher & Morrison for me, with Frank being a close second. Awesome to see the fruits of his labor ascend to the level it did this weekend and hope it continues. Great to see the real possibility of another true player in horsepower builders in the Pro Stock category. If he's able to continue this pace and Nick gets the Cuadra boys up to speed, things oughtta get pretty entertaining this year.

Sean D

Was really impressed and pleased to see Delco running as well as he did this weekend. Growing up in a Chevrolet household, it was always Reher & Morrison for me, with Frank being a close second. Awesome to see the fruits of his labor ascend to the level it did this weekend and hope it continues. Great to see the real possibility of another true player in horsepower builders in the Pro Stock category. If he's able to continue this pace and Nick gets the Cuadra boys up to speed, things oughtta get pretty entertaining this year.

Sean D

I'm not sure that is still an Iaconio engine. It may have come from Frank originally, but I understand it was recently returned after a rework at another shop. But regardless, I have a lot of respect for Frank and always like to see him do well.

I'm not sure that is still an Iaconio engine. It may have come from Frank originally, but I understand it was recently returned after a rework at another shop. But regardless, I have a lot of respect for Frank and always like to see him do well.

Interesting...…. I thought I heard them mention Frank's name in the telecast when Delco was running, but I may have misunderstood it.

Sean D

I heard Frank mentioned too and thought I saw him on the starting line....was waiting for a mention of Frank JR’s passing but nope....

It is a Frank Iaconio engine. The block was purchased from and honed by KB racing, and then Frank did the rest. It was mentioned on one of the broadcasts over the weekend, as well as extending condolences to the Iaconio family for their loss. I believe it was one of the qualifying shows.

It is a Frank Iaconio engine. The block was purchased from and honed by KB racing, and then Frank did the rest. It was mentioned on one of the broadcasts over the weekend, as well as extending condolences to the Iaconio family for their loss. I believe it was one of the qualifying shows.
It was mentioned on NHRAtv most times he ran that it was sent to the Grays shop for honing and Franks innards were installed

It was mentioned on NHRAtv most times he ran that it was sent to the Grays shop for honing and Franks innards were installed

The Grays are still running an engine shop? Cool. It is possible I misheard or misundertood the broadcast.

BTW, everyone see Tanner Gray at the ARCA race in Daytona? Top 5 all day until the engine gave up the ghost inside the last 10 laps. Dave Rieff was on the mic calling the race too. Good stuff!

........BTW, everyone see Tanner Gray at the ARCA race in Daytona? Top 5 all day until the engine gave up the ghost inside the last 10 laps. Dave Rieff was on the mic calling the race too. Good stuff!
yes, saw it. he held his own. dave was good on mic too. still don't understand what caused dave r. to leave the
nhra/fox fold........or mike dunn for that matter......then again, there's a lot of stuff not understood.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back