Fire causes mass evacuation of Acton, and Agua Dulce, CA-Racers effected? (1 Viewer)

The Little Lizard

Nitro Member
Thoughts and prayers to all those that may be effected by a breaking out of control fire just north of Los Angeles, CA in the communities of Acton, Agua Dulce, Leona Valley and South Palmdale It's my hope the following NHRA racers, their families, teams and the local residents are safe and uneffected by these tragic unfolding events & mass evacuations:

1. Jim Holtz, Acton CA, '79 Satellite, NF/C
2. Phil Cocuzza, Acton, Calif., '10 Cobalt, A/SMA
3. George Thomson, Acton CA, '72 Cutlass, G/SA
4. Ryan Tietz, Acton CA, Dragster-Chevy 7996 SC
5. Andy Spiegel, Acton, Calif., dragster, '94 Spitzer, Spiegel Racing Engines
6. Mike Walsh, Acton, Calif., dragster, Top Comp
7. Cory Weyer of Acton, California, fabricator
8. Marlin Messer, Agua Dulce CA, Sarmento, SC
9. Tim Krupa, 778, Leona Valley, CA, ’40 Willys, AA/GAS
10. Scott Christlieb, 7012, Leona Valley, CA, 04 Neil&Parks, Nostalgia A/Fuel
11. All racers in the Palmdale California area, and anyone I havn't mentioned

Updates are available for those interested via Los Angeles station KCAL, at the web link provided below:

************UPDATE 9/6/11 the video link below is now for the KCBS main video page, and the actual footage can be found in the KCBS video archives*********************

Agua Dulce Fire Scorches More Than 5,500 Acres - cbs2.com

:(

Last edited:
At least make an accurate list...Ryan Tietz runs a 32 Bantam....and you left out at least another 6 that I know of in that area...haven't heard anything bad, so far. Good luck to them out there.

Drag Racer Charlie Smith featured and interviewed in this Los Angeles, CA KCAL-TV video, today Friday June 30, 2010 as he fights this out of control fire. Charile is wearing a white tank top with a Drag Racing Logo on it, at 1:43-1:53 of the video link from KCAL provided below:

Video Library - cbs2.com

You missed item #11 J.R.!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back