FIA series Round 2 Finland (1 Viewer)

just to let you all know racing has just started on the 1st day of pro qualifying

and also Micke gullqvist will be driving the r2b2 pro mod that the team braught over and melanie drove at santa pod in may. with the roger burgess team flying over to help out.

had just started round 2 of tf qualifying when there seems to have been a pretty bad 2 car smash between risto and Stig neergaard. both drivers appaear to be ok ..

To read it properly go here.... and TOG will love you !
Eurodragster.com. Your guide to Drag Racing in Europe

then click on FHRA Nationals coverage.
We've all seen a car unload and maybe go to the centerline when stepping off, but BOTH going to the middle at the same time is NOT good!
To see, click on pictures for Fri., go to bottom right and check out the blacktracks...........ouch!

You will notice in the picture that Stig is still in his lane. He came very close but never crossed the centerline. Risto unfortunately did cross the centerline and ran into the back of Stig's car, causing Risto to hit the throttle again which spun his car out of control and totaled his car.

The reason given for the disqualification of both times was from bracket racing rules that say "excessive braking that causes an accident is grounds for disqualification". The official that made that call had been drinking heavily and dissappeared when confronted about the drinking. The FIA "board" that upheld the ruling would not look at the photos, said they were relying on the track officials call of what they "thought they had seen". The officials also said they didn't fully understand the appeal because it was written in English, even though they were discussing it in English. The appeal basically said that the incident happened after the finish line, was not caused by excessive braking, and that Stig had not left his lane until being hit in the rear. Of course the three FIA board members were track personnel who had changed their shirts. And they refused to even allow the team to buy or look at a rule book.

Stig's car has been repaired and will run tomorrow. He lost points plus $4,000.00 for low qualifier because of the bogus ruling. The other drivers have stated that they do not understand the ruling either. I wonder if they will give the money to the team that earned it on the track.

Last year Stig brought a 2nd car with a new driver to the same track. They completed what they were told was required for his license to be valid, but when he ran quick enough to qualify and bump a Finnish driver, the track and FIA "officials" present refused to give him his license and threw out his run. A week later the FIA said the ruling was wrong but there was nothing they could do to correct the situation at that time.

Well .. as i am not a racer i would not know every rule myself ... but i always assumed that once the race was finished .. it was finished .. and anything that happend after in regards to incidents and crossing the centreline .. would not affect the result of what happend in the quarter mile( or in this case the thousand foot)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back