FedEx NASCAR hospitality - unbelievable! (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
This is just crazy! Fedex ordered 36 each of 4 foot by 6 foot mounted photos from us of Denny and the team as "Photo Decor" for their hospitality tent
at Daytona. At $9.00 per square foot, I thought this was going to be a sweet deal!
But . . . I got a call yesterday that FedEx's Art Director was flying in this morning to select framing materials and finishes. Off to Home Depot - Chris selected six different mouldings and was very excited that we found Ralph Lauren faux finishes that fit his "Color Pallette" for the tent.
Bottom line? - about $1000 each, but they won't have to worry about shipping costs! - :D The cost of the whole hospitality operation for a week could easily sponsor an NHRA pro team for a year. Since no one in drag racing has any FedEx money, I'll count this as a victory - :cool:

I work for FEDEX and have never been to a NASCAR race before, so my boss keeps trying to get me to go with him to the Texas race. I really wish they would sponsor a multi car Fuel team in the future. They already have a National event in Memphis they could get title rights to. Clay Millican would be a perfect fit in my mind...His sister I beleive is FEDEX founder Fred Smith's assistant!!!

Amazing what can rain down when you start with what's more popular with the general public.

People strongly disagree with me, but I still say that the current NASCAR fad you see today started with two movies, Six Pack with Kenny Rogers and Stroker Ace with Burt Reynolds. It took something to reach the general public.

Same with these biker shows on TV. If it weren't for the shows, would anyone even know who West Coast Choppers or Orange County Choppers were? How many millions in merchandise alone are those two organizations knocking down? People pay them for the decals to advertise FOR them! Must be awful! LOL.

Don't mean to hijack the thread too much. I just like to think of the root source that causes the money to be able to be there so it can branch out to you like that.

I'm amazed how much some companies will invest in this type of thing. Look at David Grubnic's Zantrex-3 deal this year. Do you know how much money they're spending to repaint 2 sets of body panels, the race car hauler and the hospitality RV? Not to mention new pit mats, signage & other advertising and a suite at each track - and food? And it's all for marketing!

Amazing what can rain down when you start with what's more popular with the general public.

People strongly disagree with me, but I still say that the current NASCAR fad you see today started with two movies, Six Pack with Kenny Rogers and Stroker Ace with Burt Reynolds. It took something to reach the general public.

Same with these biker shows on TV. If it weren't for the shows, would anyone even know who West Coast Choppers or Orange County Choppers were? How many millions in merchandise alone are those two organizations knocking down? People pay them for the decals to advertise FOR them! Must be awful! LOL.

Don't mean to hijack the thread too much. I just like to think of the root source that causes the money to be able to be there so it can branch out to you like that.

Hey Ron, dont forget about Days of Thunder!!!

Hey Ron, dont forget about Days of Thunder!!!

I think they made that one after the craze kinda started, sort of as a result of it. I don't remember anyone running around with their favorite car numbers plastered on the backs of their vehicles until after those other two movies.

Maybe drag racing could use it's own "Six Pack" or "Stroker Ace."

After the Easy Rider movie came out, I started making long front ends for choppers and couldn't make them fast enough.

Jay

I'm amazed how much some companies will invest in this type of thing. Look at David Grubnic's Zantrex-3 deal this year. Do you know how much money they're spending to repaint 2 sets of body panels, the race car hauler and the hospitality RV? Not to mention new pit mats, signage & other advertising and a suite at each track - and food? And it's all for marketing!

Chris - FYI - the Zantrex and Strivectin (sp?) cars, transporters and RV's were wrapped - not painted. Our neighbors (steelchariots.com) can strip and rewrap a transporter or RV with new graphics for $12 to $18K.
They have not done any drag race car wraps, but have done a bunch of road racing cars (Vettes, Ferrari's, etc) for $6 to $8 K.
Two or three stage paint can easily cost $100 per gallon - I would estimate that FC paint jobs like Mike Ashley's could start at $20K.
Also, I'm not aware that any of Kalitta's sponsors (with the exception of Mac Tools) have suites at tracks. Sponsors such as Technicoat are treated very well in the Kalitta hospitality area - a big difference from teams who have to host huge numbers of local franchise employees and customers.

18 grand is my entire racing budget for the year. I'm too frugal I guess, but at least I'm still out there after 10 years.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back