F1 gains in USA (1 Viewer)

mick

Nitro Member
came across this utube video yesterday. watch how F1 has broadened it's footprint in america (and worldwide)
via social media, tv, and the netflix series. ....... once again. no shocker. it's about the stars, not the cars.
this is kym illman. he is a professional photographer who follows the F1 circuit. started watching his blogs a couple years. IMO always good stuff.

F1 racing has really grown on me over the past five or six years. I watch almost all of them on television.
Interesting that I didn’t hear Illman mention Lewis Hamilton’s name except when mentioning last year’s exciting championship showdown between Hamilton and Max Verstappen.
The cars are mechanical works of art.

I have followed F1 for many years, true technological miracles of what is possible. The budget for 1 car can fill a full nitro field.
1.6 litres, 1050 HP at 22k RPM running on 81 octane pump gas.

The season-opening F1 race yesterday was bad-to-the-bone. There's a sports bar near me that draws a lot of F1 fans and there at least 50 people there yesterday for the race on 80" big screen.

yes, the bahrain race was great. that's cool. F1 fans packing the house in jupiter for 11am est start.
- magnusson in haas car taking 5th place i think rivals ferrari's 1-2 finish.
- new guy from china (guanyu) and bottas put both alfa romeo's in the points
- both red bulls suffer late race failure
- hamilton and russell hang tough and finish 3-4
......whenever i watch bahrain or yas marina, i can't help always seeing the drag strips along side the road circuits. i always thought it would
be great if COTA could build a dragstrip on it's property to host an NHRA event, replacing houston.

came across this utube video yesterday. watch how F1 has broadened it's footprint in america (and worldwide)
via social media, tv, and the netflix series. ....... once again. no shocker. it's about the stars, not the cars.
this is kym illman. he is a professional photographer who follows the F1 circuit. started watching his blogs a couple years. IMO always good stuff.
The May 2021 edition of Hot Rod magazine has an article about the mechanical wizardry of the F1 cars. 850 hp out of 1.6 liters, and that's before they generate another 150 to 160 hp with their energy recovery system by using heat energy generated by braking and putting wasted exhaust gases back to work. That's about 1000 horsepower from 97.6 cubic inches on gasoline!

anyone see the reports of a houti (yemen) missle attack on aramco oil facility less than 5 miles away from jeddah last weekend?
the drivers did not want to race. F1 and saudi arabia convinced them to race, saying the attacks are 'normal' ....... good lord what money can do.

anyone see the reports of a houti (yemen) missle attack on aramco oil facility less than 5 miles away from jeddah last weekend?
the drivers did not want to race. F1 and saudi arabia convinced them to race, saying the attacks are 'normal' ....... good lord what money can do.
That Jeddah facility is beautiful. But, seeing the fire and smoke in the background was a bit unnerving. I’m glad the race went off without any further incidents.

That Jeddah facility is beautiful. But, seeing the fire and smoke in the background was a bit unnerving. I’m glad the race went off without any further incidents.
there was a utube wrap-up video (one of many) where someone on one the teams addmitted that racing in saudi arabia, qatar, and the UAE is a little odd.
night and day different than western cultures.

amanda busick hosted a live announcement tonite from vegas strip.
F1 in vegas 2023!!!

yeah, that race is gonna' be hard not to go to. airfare and hotels will be sky-high. what an inaugural race it would be to attend though.
i think the piece last nite said something like only a very small fraction of all F1 ever held have been on saturdays. last one was south africa i think.
i can't imagine the re-routing of traffic leading up to, and following the race........here's amanda doing her thing from last nite......she muffed up the introduction
of CEO of Liberty Media (owns F1), called it Liberty Mutual. woops. those stupid commercials have gotten in her head......she also said 'constrictors', not 'constructors'
F1 has blocked their video from copy/paste. go to youtube and use this in search to see amanda and announcement.

F1 Las Vegas GP - Live Announcement​

Last edited:
yeah, that race is gonna' be hard not to go to. airfare and hotels will be sky-high. what an inaugural race it would be to attend though.
i think the piece last nite said something like only a very small fraction of all F1 ever held have been on saturdays. last one was south africa i think.
i can't imagine the re-routing of traffic leading up to, and following the race........here's amanda doing her thing from last nite......she muffed up the introduction
of CEO of Liberty Media (owns F1), called it Liberty Mutual. woops. those stupid commercials have gotten in her head......she also said 'constrictors', not 'constructors'
F1 has blocked their video from copy/paste. go to youtube and use this in search to see amanda and announcement.

F1 Las Vegas GP - Live Announcement​

from what I have looked into in the past tickets start out at $2500...............

and will probably sell out rite away just like miami (at least the 'bleacher' seats and areas that F1 will control)

anyone have any thoughts on the miami gp this weekend? the fake harbor / boats / beach. meh, it's kinda' weird.
i think miami should have had an amazing street circuit down town by the water, and maybe even used a bridge or two.
they could have come out of the deal. i don't know what to think about the hollywood, fl location and the car park track around the hard rock stadium.
if the racing is good, then great. if it's not, they'll never last 10 years at that venue.

anyone have any thoughts on the miami gp this weekend? the fake harbor / boats / beach. meh, it's kinda' weird.
i think miami should have had an amazing street circuit down town by the water, and maybe even used a bridge or two.
they could have come out of the deal. i don't know what to think about the hollywood, fl location and the car park track around the hard rock stadium.
if the racing is good, then great. if it's not, they'll never last 10 years at that venue.

F1 wanted to race across the Biscayne Bay bridge but the city wouldn't allow it so the track around the football stadium was conceived. Being an F1 fan I wanted to go but ticket prices are out of control. Side note, I live about an hour and a half north of the race and all of the hotels up here are filled with F1 fans as they can't get accommodations down in Miami. One last thing, the city of Miami predicts a bigger financial impact in the area that the Super bowl bought in a few years ago.

bob, agree with everything you say. that is crazy that in may the hotels are filled up all the way up towards jupiter.
i should meet you in cocoa in a few weeks and we can watch the offshore powerboat races from a comfy beachside chair.
would be a thrill to see an F1 race, and i hopefully someday can, at least the austin race.

good race in miami yesterday. couple changes to track for next year, should be good to go.
i have no respect whatsoever for celebrities that can not give martin brundle a quick minute on the starting grid

good race in miami yesterday. couple changes to track for next year, should be good to go.
i have no respect whatsoever for celebrities that can not give martin brundle a quick minute on the starting grid
Even when he's calling them by the wrong name?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back