ESPN3 Was So Good Tonight (1 Viewer)

vegasnitro

Nitro Member
ESPN3 Friday Night qualifying continues to be the best broadcast coverage of NHRA hands down, end of discussion, period. Graham Rahal was in the booth, Cruz sat at the top end on the mic during the whole sun delay and told some good stories and questioned NHRAs decision for the timing of the delay, Force sat on the mic for quite a while and ribbed Rahal a lot in addition to a ridiculous amount of great one liners, Courtney got in the booth with Graham and Force found another gear for jokes, then Brittany qualified number 1 and joined in the fun. If you have the time, go to ESPN3 and watch it.

How about John's "you're shitting me" to Brittney when she told him Courtney was light at the scales?! And the whole crew busting on John 's incorrect names for everyone, just hilarious stuff.

ESPN3 Friday Night qualifying continues to be the best broadcast coverage of NHRA hands down, end of discussion, period.

Yep. Chris, I totally agree. It's feel it's been that way all year. I look forward to the Friday Night session, more so than the Big Show on Sunday. The relaxed feel and spontaneity that the ESPN crew has with drivers, owners, tuners or tonight with Courtney Force's "toy boy" always makes for an entertaining night. Still chuckling.

Yep. Chris, I totally agree. It's feel it's been that way all year. I look forward to the Friday Night session, more so than the Big Show on Sunday. The relaxed feel and spontaneity that the ESPN crew has with drivers, owners, tuners or tonight with Courtney Force's "toy boy" always makes for an entertaining night. Still chuckling.

It has been great all year, the shows earlier this season with Rob Wendland in the booth were great.

Force was on fire tonight. When he saw Laurie on the monitor "I might get lucky tonight! But none of you guys can tell her I said that." And "If I could get her to wear a shirt that says Peak I might be able to get a sponsor!"

Cruz was good too, calling the other drivers whiners about the Sun (tongue in cheek) and said he was going to call Graham Light on his cell. His story about match racing on an 1/8th mile track that was the front straight of an oval short track was great. "Backed the car all the way down and still had to have the chutes out early!"

Chris, thanks for posting the heads-up. It prompted me to watch the replay for the first time this year and it sure was entertaining.

Couldn't agree more, Chris. It's amazing how better the show is when you're not trying so hard, are simply relaxed and are able to BS with buddies while watching and discussing racing's past, present and future.

ESPN gets hammered for their treatment of NHRA coverage, which is sometimes very justified, but they need credit for their Friday night Watch ESPN coverage - by far the best show they put on, imo....

Keep it up, ESPN!!!

it was hilarious, actually nice to have the sun get in the way of the tree to allow even more free flow time

rahal was funny too, but the crew getting Brittany to tell John that Courtney's car didn't make weight was best

Always nice to watch Jeff Diehl burn out and stage too

I never think to watch it but have after this post. It is good, Rahal is legit fan and pays attention. I was surprised, the back and forth between people on the mic was a lot less stilted than normal. I may become a regular now

This might be the best Friday Night show they've ever done. I remember seeing Bobby Rahal at National Trail way back in the mid 90's hanging out with the Snake. I wouldn't have recognized Graham back then if I had a picture of him. But, Graham is a Gearhead. If anyone follows him on Twitter or Instagram he's posted some cool looking cars of all varieties. One of these days John Force is going to go nuclear if they keep pulling the "car didn't make weight" prank on him. Of course the sad thing is he falls for it every time.

I think ESPN needs to bring in more special guests to the booth, Tony Stewart would be epic.

Yeah Rahal seems to be a legit fan, actually more knowledgeable about what's happening in NHRA than I would have thought, even being Courtney's toy boy. :D And the little 1/8 mile track Cruz referred to is one of our local tracks, always known as Lancaster, right down the thruway from Rochester almost to Buffalo.

i thought the whole John Force rant sucked.. I turned it off... i want to see racing and hear news reports not hear JF rant about his daughters boyfriend and his life with his wife... and NHRA wonders why tv ratings are declining..... this is why!

Surprised by Bruce's and Chris's comments. The Saturday qualifying and Sunday Eliminations TV shows are serious enough, cover all the pertinent news and focus on the racing. The Friday night ESPN3 show is like hanging out with your buddies in the cheap seats, drinking beer and just relaxing and having a good time at the races. I dig it the most, I hope they don't change it. Personally, I would rather hear Force talk about his wife and make fun of Graham Rahal than the endless sponsor prattle we get on the TV shows. Besides, there wasn't much Force this week ... It was Larry Morgan holding court about snow cones, setups on his car and the time he was asked by Jim Head to "drive his wreck".

The Friday night ESPN3 show is like hanging out with your buddies in the cheap seats, drinking beer and just relaxing and having a good time at the races. I dig it the most, I hope they don't change it. Personally,

I agree with you Chris, 100%. It's fun, funny, and it appears that they're relaxed in the top-end interview's.

Agree, I look forward to the Friday night espn3 every race weekend....way better than the Sunday show...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back