espn schedule change? (1 Viewer)

Bobby

Nitro Member
one show today - until 630...no late show...why?
what will they show after 530? pro mod? top alky? nah...could they?

:)

it's only semi live.... lol

circle cars at 7PM... gave us the hour before instead of being bumped way later...

besides only PRO classes, we'll never see Alky or Pro-mod the same day....

ESPN2 has announced a programming change for its Sunday qualifying coverage of the Mac Tools U.S. Nationals at O'Reilly Raceway Park. The qualifying coverage of the NHRA POWERade Series event will be expanded an extra hour and a half, to air from 2-6:30 p.m. (ET). The show originally scheduled for late Sunday night will no longer air.

I'm not sure what we'll get but it looks like we're getting an 1 1/2 hours this afternoon instead of the one hour that was originally scheduled for tonight. For those on the east coast I'd say that's a good deal since they won't now have to stay up until midnight in order to watch that other hour.

show was 2-5:30.... now 2-6:30....

depends on qualifying if I hang through the whole thing... my favs are out of the skoal, papa's not in the show.... JR's not in... if they miss, I'm heading to the bowling alley to watch my kid bowl...

and nope, I could care less about P/S or Bicycles....

And, while we're at it................

Is it me? When I was in school, learning to tell time, they said that anything after midnight was the next day. So..... if something starts at 12:30am, that is Sunday morning, not Saturday night. Why do they keep announcing this such?

Oh wait.... I think I know. Saying something is on late Saturday night, sounds better then saying it's on a 12:30 AM Sunday morning... like anyone is around to watch except us hard core drag racing folks. :p

Well that's just real fu^)ing nice to find out now. :mad: Of course I was gone while this idiotic change was announced so my recording cuts off just after the TJjr. / Beckman race. :mad: :mad:

Same with me Brent. Man, I'm pissed now. Bob, you should have called me! My DVR was set to end at 5:00pm as I saw the show start on time at 2:00pm so never got a chance to check for that schedule change. Man this is really turning out to be a weekend of garbage drag racing on TV. First I didn't schedule enough extra time into my TIVO for last night's one hour Qualifying show that stated 45 min. late (thanks ESPN2 and NASCRAP), and now I find I missed an hour and a half of additional drag racing I expected to be on later tonight. With the joke that todays two rounds of qualifying were as well as most of yesterdays runs, at least in the Nitro classes, there really wasn't much drama other than John Force missing the show along with Whit Bazemore (Dang) and Doug Kalitta as well as JR Todd. Not the best way to start out the exciting countdown to 4, huh NHRA?

Same with me Brent. Man, I'm pissed now. Bob, you should have called me! My DVR was set to end at 5:00pm as I saw the show start on time at 2:00pm so never got a chance to check for that schedule change. Man this is really turning out to be a weekend of garbage drag racing on TV. First I didn't schedule enough extra time into my TIVO for last night's one hour Qualifying show that stated 45 min. late (thanks ESPN2 and NASCRAP), and now I find I missed an hour and a half of additional drag racing I expected to be on later tonight. With the joke that todays two rounds of qualifying were as well as most of yesterdays runs, at least in the Nitro classes, there really wasn't much drama other than John Force missing the show along with Whit Bazemore (Dang) and Doug Kalitta as well as JR Todd. Not the best way to start out the exciting countdown to 4, huh NHRA?

sorry Kurt! I forgot you were taping today....I just don't get why espn always has to find a way to piss us off when we are psyched up for the race of the year.

they don't even have the little league world series to blame. ....

Well that's just real fu^)ing nice to find out now. :mad: Of course I was gone while this idiotic change was announced so my recording cuts off just after the TJjr. / Beckman race. :mad: :mad:

Me too, enjoyed the day by the pool and set the pvr for 31/2 hrs and missed the skoal final and force not making it. That sucked,but nice of them to add the extra coverage for those who caught it.........

I was at the zoo with my son all day. I always add a little extra time when I record. So, I got right up until JR Todd staged for last session.
And, Jim, you are very right. I think it is bigger than just ESPN though. It seems like everything that comes up lately turns negative.

sorry Kurt! I forgot you were taping today....I just don't get why espn always has to find a way to piss us off when we are psyched up for the race of the year.

they don't even have the little league world series to blame. ....

Bob, not your fault, and I was actually home, we just had guests over and we were entertaining (non-drag racers) so I didn't have an opportunity to go online and catch the notice about the scheduling change for that extra 1.5 hours. I got most of Saturday night's (Sunday AM actually) 1 hr show as I punched in an extra 30 min. assuming a possible late start so only missed 15 min. of that 1 hr. qualifying show. Jim Samuel, we fans have a legitimate beef with ESPN2 when they screw with us all the time and this last minute deal only benefited those that were actually watching LIVE which I was not. Hope they don't pull anything stupid like this again today as I am working and have setup my DVR for the times published and want to be sure I get to see something when I get home tonight!

After getting burned several times because the Annual Paint Drying contest ran late or the NASCAR race had issues I add 90 minutes of recording time to the end of the schedule time on my DVR.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back