Espn 3 (1 Viewer)

JB3

Nitro Member
Anyone heard if ESPN 3 will be airing Sunday eliminations live again this season?

I just signed in to ask the same question. I looked last week and they showed elims on this Sunday. Today I don't see anything on ESPN3 at all for this month.

How about Friday qualifying on ESPN3? Or, I guess it would be too late for this, but in Pomona's case Thursday qualifying?

No more Espn3.com coverage....here is the email I received back from ESPN today...
----------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we will not broadcast the NHRA events on ESPN3/WatchESPN this year.

ESPN makes its programming decisions based on a number of factors, including viewership, as reflected by ratings and the interest from advertisers and affiliates, on a nationwide basis and is always investigating programming opportunities to better serve sports fans.

We appreciate your feedback. We’ll be sure to let our programming executives know that our viewers would like to see more <<<<INSERT PROGRAM/SPORT>>>> on WatchESPN.com.

Regards,

Jack
ESPN.com Customer Care

It was on the schedule earlier this week. This must have been a recent decision.

It sure was. I guess the ratings for the TV show took a dive so they figured no more. Or the production costs are too high. Or the sponsors who put their logos all over the TV screen don't want them to be missed online. Who knows. One thing for sure is it sure stinks!

Too bad, IDK how many people I've introduced to NHRA through the ESPN3 live telecast. A lot though.

We all know that you gotta go to a race to get the full experience. But when it costs more for tix, more for gas, more for lodging, etc. it's nice to show it to people first on TV or internet.

With ESPN3 I could say, "Check out the race live Sunday at noon on ESPN3.com."

Without ESPN3 I have to say, " Check out the race later. It's scheduled for 10pm on the deuce, but it might come on later because of college sports, little league world series, or a NASCAR race. Yes, I know you have to get up to go to work at 5:30am tomorrow, but this is really cool......." and I've lost them.

Whatever.

that sucks :mad: I guess I'll miss out on NHRA this year I stopped watching the ESPN 2 shows because of all the insipid interviews and babbling...maybe they are concerned about ESPN3 cannibalizing the ESPN2 ratings?

If you're gonna do that, make it courteous and respectful. Name calling won't accomplish a thing. ;)

You bet,wouldn't do it any other way.All I'm saying is we can complain to ourselves all we want but if we don't let them know nothing is going to change ;)

already sent them a message...

it seems very odd that up until a few days ago it was on teh ESPN3 schedule

If that's the case then my viewing will be severely hampered. I used to watch E3 all day on a Sunday which freed up my evenings to do other things. Don't plan to stay up late to watch it. It's bad enough to have to wait until wee hours of the morning to watch qualifying shows. :mad:

No more Espn3.com coverage....here is the email I received back from ESPN today...
----------------------------
I am sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we will not broadcast the NHRA events on ESPN3/WatchESPN this year
Jack
ESPN.com Customer Care

This is sooooo incredibly disappointing. The timing makes it all the more strange.

Here I've been hoping ESPN3 would extend live video coverage (even with "just" the tower audio) to qualifying and, they pull-the-plug on the entire Sunday feed.

Is there so much competition for bandwidth that they have to drop our stuff? Or does NHRA have to pony-up more pay-to-play cash?

Criminy, we're going BACKWARDS.

This is sooooo incredibly disappointing.

Criminy, we're going BACKWARDS.

Tell me about it Jim. I don't have cable, however my friend lets me use his cable login so I can catch the races. I guess its back to listening to the Audiocast this season ('fun') I do enjoy Bob, Alan and the team though. However, if you can't be at the track, nothing like watching the event live!! It gives you the feeling of being there. I guess the only 'positive' is I wont be up till the early hours of the morning :(

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back