Equal Opprotunity Bashers? (1 Viewer)

pete

Nitro Member
Where are the bashers? IHRA has been providing gas that is damaging motors, and no one is demanding a change in management? The story is on Comp Plus.com

Where are the bashers? IHRA has been providing gas that is damaging motors, and no one is demanding a change in management? The story is on Comp Plus.com
It is interesting who is going to step up and save the day in this situation. They will probably get bashed for it somehow.

I wonder if they will get bashed for turning (at least one) NHRA fuel racers away from this weekends race.

Well first of all, this is the first I've heard about it. 2nd of all, I think it should be a Torco bash instead of IHRA. How the hell is IHRA suppose to know the fuel Torco supplied was apparently worthless. I would have the same stance if VP gave bad fuel to the our PS guys in NHRA. Its not the sanctioning bodies fault. This is apples to oranges compared with the nitro debacle NHRA's in right now.

Well first of all, this is the first I've heard about it. 2nd of all, I think it should be a Torco bash instead of IHRA. How the hell is IHRA suppose to know the fuel Torco supplied was apparently worthless. I would have the same stance if VP gave bad fuel to the our PS guys in NHRA. Its not the sanctioning bodies fault. This is apples to oranges compared with the nitro debacle NHRA's in right now.

I couldn't agree more Justin. I think its been a very tough week for Aaron Polburn (heck maybe tough month).

He's made sure that his Nitro teams have enough fuel to race, he's had to turn away NHRA Nitro teams (when every fan and team would love it in any other situation) and now he appears to have made the tough call on spec fuel for his Pro Stock and Pro Mod teams.

Equal opportunity bashers? I think it more looks like a guy who is able to lay everything on the table and make a good judgment call. I say good job to A.P.

I say to the bashers... of either of the __HRA's - I think that there are a lot of people making a lot of crucial decisions behind the scenes. Aaron appears to have made his calls early and right. That doesn't mean that NHRA hasn't been working on a solution - it just means that we haven't heard the answer we (as fans) want to hear.

Last time I checked - every race so far this year has had all the elements needed to provide an entertaining race to the fans. Thanks to everyone for making sure that continues to happen.

Well said Jim!

I couldn't agree more Justin. I think its been a very tough week for Aaron Polburn (heck maybe tough month).

He's made sure that his Nitro teams have enough fuel to race, he's had to turn away NHRA Nitro teams (when every fan and team would love it in any other situation) and now he appears to have made the tough call on spec fuel for his Pro Stock and Pro Mod teams.

Equal opportunity bashers? I think it more looks like a guy who is able to lay everything on the table and make a good judgment call. I say good job to A.P.

I say to the bashers... of either of the __HRA's - I think that there are a lot of people making a lot of crucial decisions behind the scenes. Aaron appears to have made his calls early and right. That doesn't mean that NHRA hasn't been working on a solution - it just means that we haven't heard the answer we (as fans) want to hear.

Last time I checked - every race so far this year has had all the elements needed to provide an entertaining race to the fans. Thanks to everyone for making sure that continues to happen.

I agree with yo, Jim. Perhaps we ned to let the HRA's operate their end and we can just enjoy the ride. Chicago was great. 32 T/AD's.:D

I agree with yo, Jim. Perhaps we ned to let the HRA's operate their end and we can just enjoy the ride. Chicago was great. 32 T/AD's.:D

The T/AD's were fun to watch! I stepped away to go to the restroom - mind you this was half way through the T/AD session... I saw how many were still inline when I returned - told my buddy there were plenty more coming - he didn't believe me...

Great show by everyone in T/AD

It is interesting who is going to step up and save the day in this situation. They will probably get bashed for it somehow.

I wonder if they will get bashed for turning (at least one) NHRA fuel racers away from this weekends race.
Which NHRA fuel racer got turned away?

I'd be willing to bet that during the conversations that Aaron is having with the NHRA fuel teams the subject of "how many races will your team commit to" has come up. IHRA would welcome those teams with open arms if they were willing to run the remaining races on the 2008 calendar...rather than just come in for one race to "test" and potentially ruin a low budget team's season. Yes, we've seen Cruz Pedregon, Cory Mac, the Kallitas, Hill Will, et al run a sporadic IHRA event here and there but we were nowhere near the situation we face right now.

As far as the racing gasoline is concerned...this is the first I've heard of it...and probably the last. IHRA took swift steps to counteract the issue...an issue that will apparently cure itself sooner than later.

I'd be willing to bet that during the conversations that Aaron is having with the NHRA fuel teams the subject of "how many races will your team commit to" has come up. IHRA would welcome those teams with open arms if they were willing to run the remaining races on the 2008 calendar...rather than just come in for one race to "test" and potentially ruin a low budget team's season. Yes, we've seen Cruz Pedregon, Cory Mac, the Kallitas, Hill Will, et al run a sporadic IHRA event here and there but we were nowhere near the situation we face right now.
I'd heard that the IHRA would require NHRA nitro regulars to bring their own fuel to prevent them from using their events as test sessions while eating into the IHRA fuel supply, but I can see how that might not be the only reason.

Starting at Budds Creek the IHRA is allowing the use of VP C23 race gas as an alternative spec fuel in P/S.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back