epping 2024 (2 Viewers)

anyone else wondering why TF'rs aren't in the 3.6's zone that much recently? ...... 3.70 is #1 after cool, night session?
has there been a rule change that no one is talking about?
that's really great that FIRE is making good power. who else uses his power? if there were three good sources of leased power, it should
by nature create more competition for the lower lease price per weekend?

anyone else wondering why TF'rs aren't in the 3.6's zone that much recently? ...... 3.70 is #1 after cool, night session?
that's really great that FIRE is making good power. who else uses his power? if there were three good sources of leased power, it should
I was wondering if they backed off on track prep again.

Glad to see fire and delco run good,sure like to see delco go some rounds! Alan p was a no show (

I expected a .68 atleast

Less mega-grandstands = TV looks great.

Norwalk, Epping... where else has old school grandstands that never look empty on the tube?

Prock ran 3.83, 290 mph to the 1/8 which is pretty sporty and a fairly rare occurrence without the super laid back headers. Can’t blame the track.
Good point. Still, not a high 3.60 in sight when the ambient temp is 66, the DA is 700 and the track temp is 83. It doesn't get much more ideal than that. I would have expected half the field to be in the 3.60s with speeds 335+, not just one 335 (Force).

No 3.60s tomorrow either, as the temperature in Epping is forecast to shatter the all-time record high for the day.

Good point. Still, not a high 3.60 in sight when the ambient temp is 66, the DA is 700 and the track temp is 83. It doesn't get much more ideal than that. I would have expected half the field to be in the 3.60s with speeds 335+, not just one 335 (Force).
They said something about the amalgam in the concrete. That part of the track doesn’t provide enough grip because it’s courser than usual. I don’t know whether to believe that’s the cause or what. But that’s at least something to consider. The mile per hours were really good, considering the ETs.

Further, it didn’t cool down as much as they expected it to. However, your point is well taken, I thought for sure they would’ve been a 67 or 68 out there at least

Last edited:
whatever was the case with conditions, it did seem like the 2nd half of track was tricky. tuners had to tune.
overall it sure looked like a great race, and to elude to an earlier comment, smaller full grandstands on both sides of track
plays well on TV. when finals were going off, on TV could see stream of traffic leaving, and noticeable holes in stands as fans
tried to beat the traffic congestion.

smax smith, clay, and cruz all received 'written warnings' regarding 'installation of lower engine containment device'
anyone know details about this?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back