ENRON Mystery (1 Viewer)

yoda

Nitro Member
Don't know how many of you heard this, but following the untimely (or timely, depending on how you look at it...) death of Enron CEO Ken Lay, the judge in the case negated the Guilty verdict, which basically freed up the Lay estate to no longer be held accountable for the crimes he was convicted for and preventing the family accounts from being levyied in further civil suits.

Now, living in a country with a great witness Protection program, where people have gotten "disappeared" for decades now, as well as Mr. Lay's well-pubilicised association with several members of the current Government administration, does anyone see it as "ODD" that his funeral was a low-key, private affair that came and went with minimal hoopla, and his financial status was returned to almost pre-trial status?

I keep wondering if a Mr. "Len Kay" has recently become a resident of some small South American or European country, with no noticiable form of employment or income other than a large, unnumbered bank account?? :rolleyes:

And while I'm at it, you heard it here first- Gas after this Tuesdays big House cleaning will pick up an additional 30 to 50 cents a gallon due to "unrest in the middle east" or some other hooey...

Man, Jackee is gonna hand me my head for that one..:D

Maybe the unrest in the Middle East will be due to the fact that extremists will figure they will be able to get away with a lot more if Republicans don't have as much power? I'm sure they prefer pacifists.

As far as the man faking his death, I'd certainly consider it if I were in his shoes. Maybe he didn't want to wait two years to get his Marc Rich pardon. Oh, wait. That was under the Clinton administration. :)

Maybe the unrest in the Middle East will be due to the fact that extremists will figure they will be able to get away with a lot more if Republicans don't have as much power? I'm sure they prefer pacifists.

Hell, the amount of stuff they do in the Middle East EVERY DAY, no matter Republican or Democrat leadership, is all up to them. We have no real say in what's going on in that part of society. What I'm saying is, which event (which is probably a daily occurance- we don't see all the news from there like we think we do) is going to be used as fuel for the oil companies and their lap dogs in Washington to lend validity to a massive price increase?

I'm sure they have no thoughts regarding pacifists or hawks, seeing that NEITHER has prevented the extremists OR the oil companies from doing whatever the hell they want...

Hey Don... You're from Kentucky- I hear that if I WAS rolling another one, I'd wanna make a stop in your state.... :D

And, BTW- TODAY in Tucson, Gas prices that were $2.05-2.11 this morning are, as of this evening, $2.09- 2.21/gal for regular unleaded, after a steady decline for the past few weeks....

Wow, and it hasn't even been two days :rolleyes: .. I would have figured that "they" (oh, you know who..) would have at least created SOME kind of kind of crisis, but I guess the'll be saving that for the big hit next week...

Jeez Kelly... Hope your car was filled up before the big hit!! :eek:

Local radio station here today put gas on sale at one station at 92 cents a gallon! Surprisingly, the line was only about 40 minutes long... Guess that station doesn't have a bunch of listeners :D

Ken Lay died and is in the hands of God, no matter what He did on Earth may He RIP, I only say this out of respect, I don't agree with His actions. I personally know People who work for the Medical Examiners office, He is not living in seclusion.

...Maybe he didn't want to wait two years to get his Marc Rich pardon. Oh, wait. That was under the Clinton administration. :)

I agree that the Marc Rich pardon stunk to high heaven. But, then, I guess we also tend to forget that Presidents such as George H.W. Bush have sometimes used their power to grant pardons to criminals like Caspar Weinberger, Duane R. Clarridge, Clair E. George, Robert C. McFarlane, Elliott Abrams, and Alan G. Fiers Jr. who carry out illegal activities on their behalf.

LOL, I'm not going to pretend that either side puts their halos on first thing every morning. :)

Like I once heard someone say. The Democrats want to be in your boardrooms and the Republicans want to be in your bedrooms. With the Dems, it'll be legal, you just won't be able to afford it. :D

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back