Notch1320

BerserkoBob
Nitro Member
E'Town is now a drift track...

Attachments

• Edrift.jpg
    Edrift.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 74
I don't very much about a drift track other than the younger people really seem to like.

One of the stars of this style of racing recently purchased Desoto Speedway here in Florida and is setting it up for drifting and they are still keeping the circle track open for racing.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

I don't very much about a drift track other than the younger people really seem to like.

One of the stars of this style of racing recently purchased Desoto Speedway here in Florida and is setting it up for drifting and they are still keeping the circle track open for racing.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com
I dont know if I would call Cleetus Mcfarfland a "star" in the drifting world. Lol. He is a YouTuber first and foremost. He got his start helping Kyle from 1320video grow his social media accounts and eventually started his own YouTube channel. He now holds his own events around the country called "Cleetus and Cars". The events usually include drag racing, burnout competition, drifting, etc. Sure, he CAN drift (and does all the time at his own race track, just for fun) but he's not really a "star" in the drifting world. I would call him a "drag racer" long before I would call him a "drifter".

Last edited:
I dont know if I would call Cleetus Mcfarfland a "star" in the drifting world. Lol. He is a YouTuber first and foremost. He got his start helping Kyle from 1320video grow his social media accounts and eventually started his own YouTube channel. He now holds his own events around the country called "Cleetus and Cars". The events usually include drag racing, burnout competition, drifting, etc. Sure, he CAN drift (and does all the time at his own race track, just for fun) but he's not really a "star" in the drifting world. I would call him a "drag racer" long before I would call him a "drifter".

Thanks for the info on Cleetus McFarfland:

I forgot to mention that Desoto Speedway is part of the property he purchased along with Bradenton Drag Strip which was also part of the deal.

Jim Hill

Although I am a diehard drag racer/fan and lived & breathed this sport since 1975 (2 yrs old) and I have a gut-ache everytime I think about E-town being gone... I understand that the Napp's had to adjust their business model to what would allow them move their business forward and I wish them well.

...still hurts like hell!

Thanks for the info on Cleetus McFarfland:

I forgot to mention that Desoto Speedway is part of the property he purchased along with Bradenton Drag Strip which was also part of the deal.

Jim Hill
Cleetus did NOT get the neighboring drag strip as part of the deal. He only purchased the circle track, Desoto Speedway which he has officially renamed the "Freedom Factory"

He still runs his cars nextdoor at the drag strip as a regular customer. In fact, a few of his recent videos were filmed at the drag strip and he mentioned how he had to rent the track to make the videos.

So what happened to the $5Mil/yr lease deal to park cars on the track? Has it ever been used for that?

Cletus is a phenom.
He'll post a video on YouTube and in 24 hours he'll get a million views (That's
a SIGNIFICANT number). He's caught something that makes me think - properly packaged - there could be a future for drag racing.
BTWL: Over the next couple weeks he and some of his gang will be competing in the Rocky Mountain Speed Week. Will cover about 1,000 miles and race at several different tracks. I watched last year's journey and it was quite compelling.

I know we are off topic getting in to YouTube, but it is really time NHRA looks at altering their media policy to allow video. The amount of eyeballs some YouTube channels get is staggering.
Imagine Cleetus (Garrett) going trackside for the final qualifying session of Top Fuel at the US Nationals.

So the NIMBYS were indirectly successful in getting the dragstrip shut down due to noise and now they turn it into a drifting track? How long will it be before the same NIMBYS complain?

Although I am a diehard drag racer/fan and lived & breathed this sport since 1975 (2 yrs old) and I have a gut-ache everytime I think about E-town being gone... I understand that the Napp's had to adjust their business model to what would allow them move their business forward and I wish them well.

...still hurts like hell!
agreed. i am still disturbed by the closing of Englishtown.

Look like they swung the 1000’ club out onto the “track“

Attachments

• 648203A0-68F4-4D47-B38E-B7C8F8AAD2B1.png
    648203A0-68F4-4D47-B38E-B7C8F8AAD2B1.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 71
  • F3E8FA0A-4FF0-4AE1-B0DC-E10334B29768.png
    F3E8FA0A-4FF0-4AE1-B0DC-E10334B29768.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 69
  • 326661B6-A84A-4088-8439-ED9568591AD6.png
    326661B6-A84A-4088-8439-ED9568591AD6.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 66
  • CA8BBDAD-C3E2-45F1-83A8-A32FE2F40D8E.png
    CA8BBDAD-C3E2-45F1-83A8-A32FE2F40D8E.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 62
  • 4A871856-62D5-4EBD-A4A8-1013C9ACD9D4.png
    4A871856-62D5-4EBD-A4A8-1013C9ACD9D4.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 60
Nobody has answered the question, unless I've missed this info somewhere, that is, the whole 15 year at $5Mil/year deal was not the reason to shut down the drag strip? This was all because of a disagreement between the track owners and NHRA?

Nobody has answered the question, unless I've missed this info somewhere, that is, the whole 15 year at $5Mil/year deal was not the reason to shut down the drag strip? This was all because of a disagreement between the track owners and NHRA?

No.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back