Enders to Elite Motorsports (2 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

Does history repeat itself?
Wasn't she with Cagnazzi and then her britches got a little to big and she left. Then had a few years of DNQ and sponsor and performance hunting. Then went back to Cagnazzi and lit the world on fire. Now maybe her britches get a little to big again and she off on another hunt for performance. I wish her well, but I think it stupid to leave a good thing.
No, not really. She left, the first time, to start her own deal - if I remember correctly.

This time, according to the statements made when the Gray/Cagnazzi deal was announced, the team was looking for funding for a three car effort. In fact, they listed the drivers as Gray, Connolly, and Enders-Stevens, respectively. I'd tend to think that perhaps as the 2013 season wound down, that the Cagnazzi deal wasn't a definite full season for 2014. She was pretty clear in the release for the Elite announcement that she was "assured a full time ride in his top car" - the car that won the most recent race (with a driver that will be helping tune this car).

I think it's less about pants size and more about job security.

No, not really. She left, the first time, to start her own deal - if I remember correctly.

This time, according to the statements made when the Gray/Cagnazzi deal was announced, the team was looking for funding for a three car effort. In fact, they listed the drivers as Gray, Connolly, and Enders-Stevens, respectively. I'd tend to think that perhaps as the 2013 season wound down, that the Cagnazzi deal wasn't a definite full season for 2014. She was pretty clear in the release for the Elite announcement that she was "assured a full time ride in his top car" - the car that won the most recent race (with a driver that will be helping tune this car).

I think it's less about pants size and more about job security.

I'm a little bit puzzled by some of this......

I understood Nick's response earlier in this thread to imply that the reason Erica was going to be in the seat instead of Rickie was because Rickie hadn't yet secured backing for next year. I took that as Erica actually had the backing. However, if she's got backing to bring to Elite, why wasn't there funding to put her in the third car at Cagnazzi?

Again, I'm doing some reading between the lines, so I could've misinterpreted all of this! LOL!!

Sean D

Only speculating and bench racing here, but maybe Cagnazzi was asking for more funding to be brought than Elite to get the car out full time.

Sorry to harp on WFO, but she was interviewed this week. It was very clear to me that VC's ride was MUCH more expensive than Elite. I'd also have to say that she does not come across as a rich kid that would get big britches (at least nowadays at 30). Seems to like pro stock a lot, and realizes you have to work hard to do it. Don't get me wrong, she has some somewhat silent money behind her (my assumption), but unlike a number of them, she's working hard to buy her seat (and she said that just as clearly on the show).

Jeff I'm with you on this. They acquired the extra thousandths they needed from Edwards team which should put them at the top.
Erica is a great Pro Stock driver, in the past she's listen ill advise I hope that's not the case this time.

That's a little unfair. This game is 100% about sponsorship. Do you blame her for going to a fully-funded ride for 2014, or would you rather her sit with financial uncertainty? I'm sure Cagnazzi doesn't blame her for her choice.

That's a little unfair. This game is 100% about sponsorship. Do you blame her for going to a fully-funded ride for 2014, or would you rather her sit with financial uncertainty? I'm sure Cagnazzi doesn't blame her for her choice.
Erica, you and I know first hand at how much time is invested, and how difficult it is to secure a good sponsorship... but, there are a lot of fans that don't, and they just think that she has had a silver spoon life. Some fans just don't realize how hard Erica has worked to secure the money to be on these competitive pro stock teams. So, i agree that it is a little unfair. She is a good driver and i hope this latest move turns out to be a great move for her future. I also hope that you are having good luck in your racing adventures.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back