Elite Motorsports to Sponsor IHRA Pro Stock in 2009 (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]“Elite Eight Pro Stock Shootout” in Budds Creek a part of class sponsorship package

Elite Motorsports owner Richard Freeman recently underlined his dedication to IHRA Mountain Motor Pro Stock racing by announcing he was forming a three-car team to pursue the 2009 IHRA Pro Stock championship.

Today he added the exclamation point.

Elite Motorsports has entered into an agreement with IHRA to become the class sponsor for Pro Stock at all 2009 Nitro Jam national events. The class, which will be named “Elite Motorsports Pro Stock,” will feature an 8-car shootout at the President’s Cup Nationals in Budds Creek Sept. 25-27, the “Elite Motorsports Elite Eight Pro Stock Shootout.”

“We’ve made this commitment to IHRA Pro Stock because we feel this class deserves this kind of excitement,” Freeman said. “When you look at the guys in this class, guys like John Montecalvo, Pete Berner, Elijah Morton, the Goforths and everyone else, you see a group of really good guys who love this sport. We wanted to make sure this class would be growing and would continue as strong as ever.”

Shootout points will begin to accumulate at the season-opening IHRA Mardi Gras Nationals at State Capitol Raceway in Baton Rouge and will finalize after the North American Nationals in Epping, N.H. The top eight points earners will run off for their share of a $40,000 purse at the President’s Cup Nationals. Points will be earned through final qualifying positions at the first eight Nitro Jam events of the 2009 season.

“Richard and the team at Elite Motorsports have shown an incredible amount of support and dedication to the Pro Stock class,” IHRA director of national sales Tommy Dupree said. “The program we have come up with, including the Shootout in Budds Creek, is another example of where this class, with the help of Richard and Elite, is heading. We look forward to an exciting season of Elite Motorsports Pro Stock racing.”

Freeman wanted to ensure the class, which gained quite a bit of momentum over the last few years by featuring the quickest and fastest Pro Stockers on the planet, continued its upward swing. He also wanted to provide something for the fans as well.

“We all have to do our part to get the people out to the races, not just the racers but the fans as well,” Freeman said. “We can’t approach things with a ‘what’s in it for me?’ approach, we have to forget about ‘I’ and ‘me’ and start worrying more about ‘we.’ All of us, racers, sponsors and the sanctioning body, have to work together to build on the solid foundation that’s already in place. By doing this I feel like I’m doing my part.”

About IHRA
Headquartered in Norwalk, Ohio, the International Hot Rod Association (IHRA), part of Feld Motor Sports, a division of Feld Entertainment, promotes professional, semi-professional and local-level racing opportunities for drivers at all levels. The $21.5 million IHRA Nitro Jam™ Drag Racing Series is a 10-event North American professional drag racing circuit. In 2009, the series will be comprised of eight events in major cities throughout the United States and two in Canada. IHRA will also host seven sportsman national events, the IHRA Champion System Sportsman Nationals presented by vpracingfuels.com, at six facilities in the United States. The Summit Racing Equipment Pro-Am Championship presented by Mr. Gasket consists of competition at national events and 40 events in six regional divisions, while IHRA’s Summit SuperSeries is conducted nearly every weekend at over 85 IHRA-sanctioned tracks. Providing a safe environment to develop future stars, IHRA offers the Junior Dragster Racing Series for youths ages 8-17. Stand-alone events include Feld Motor Sports’ action-packed “Thunder Jam” shows and the street legal racing and lifestyle event series Street Warriorz.

About Feld Entertainment, Inc.
Feld Entertainment is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live entertainment experiences that lift the human spirit and create indelible memories, with 30 million people in attendance at its shows each year. Feld Entertainment's productions have appeared in more than 59 countries on six continents and include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey®, Feld Motor Sports, Disney On Ice and Disney Live! More information about Feld Entertainment is available online at FELD Entertainment - Home

Attachments

• 474bf21270d85bb823b304bf8d1797a1.jpg
    474bf21270d85bb823b304bf8d1797a1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,339
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back