Eliminations Rescheduled to Tomorrow (1 Viewer)

DG

Nitro Member
Eliminations Rescheduled to Tomorrow

POMONA, Calif. - 59th annual Lucas Oil NHRA WinterNationals at Auto Club Raceway in Pomona, CA
Sadly, the weather continues to be the winner here today!

NHRA has cancelled the rest of today's eliminations and will start back up where they left off again tomorrow at 10:00 AM.

Clay Millican and Mike Salinas, the last pair of TF'ers yet to run, will start things off, followed by the rest of today's planned eliminations.

Updates will be made as information becomes available.

* * * * Schedule Subject to Change * * * *

Actually drizzle is what it did all day. It sure felt good to get back to a nice warm dry hotel room.:)
I hear that,plenty expierence with that at the grove. Nothing worse like cold and rainy, good get sick weather lol

Gosh I’ve never attended a race where it was rescheduled. Lengthy delays, yes. But damn what do all the fans do who have to work on Monday, but shelled out money to be there on Sunday. I’ve always hated these rescheduled days.... just for the ticket buyers. Sure there’s the track conditions that get changed, but the competitors will manage that; they can stay an extra day. It’s the fans who get the shaft. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do though

I'm on the Rt 80 corridor....looks like it's gonna be light compared to N and S of PA....

weather.png

Now here's Cali's map ...looks good for tomorrow
Pomona, CA
Tonight

A 20 percent chance of showers before 10pm. Mostly clear, with a low around 35. West southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest after midnight.
Monday
Sunny, with a high near 58. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the morning.
Monday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 40. West northwest wind around 5 mph becoming north in the evening.

ca weather.png

Anyone have an extra ticket for Monday? Will they even sell a Monday ticket at the gate?

One year (early 1970's) Pomona got rained out 2 weeks in a row. They finally got the race run the 3rd week. I lived in SoCalif then, so I went all 3 weeks. Argh Lotsa out of state folks & some Canadian fans all had to go home. What a bummer for them. I really hope they get the race run today and people get to watch it.

nothing finished yesterday. PGA pebble beach colder than pomona; their day was halted early with hail!, yes hail on the monterrey peninsula. they are finishing today.
rain in pomona, finishing today.......and rain in daytona, which prompted an early finish to a rather pathetic clash race. i still call it the busch clash. who knows what it's really called now.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back