Eight-time NHRA Top Fuel champ Tony Schumacher will compete at Indy events (1 Viewer)

if i recall, isn't tony involved in his own credit card processing company? ........ trophy in photo on nhra.com showing previous series sponsor? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
if i recall, isn't tony involved in his own credit card processing company? ........ trophy in photo on nhra.com showing previous series sponsor? :rolleyes:
so? powerade is owned by coke as is mello yellow... and it's one of his past championship trophies...

Glad to see Tony (sorta') back. Hope it leads to bigger things.
While the Sarge was never my fave (he won too much - go figure) he is a tremendous asset to the sport - It never felt right to not see his name on the qualifying sheet.

Valid point, because it's not like he doesn't have a Mello Yello championship trophy. So what if it's all owned by coke...the front line workers and management of specifically Mello Yello are getting ZERO visual representation. I mean if I am a front line worker at Chevrolet and you buy a Buick, are you helping the workers that put the Chevrolet together? Nope.

really great that global sees an opportunity to align with a 2nd DSR car for the first two 'comeback' races that will air live on FOX; with a car and driver that have been absent
from competition for 1.5 years. for a team based rite next to the track, my guess is the cost to field this 2nd car is about as low as possible

Last edited:
It's gotta be Cheap for the teams based out of Indy with the crew living there, $9 grand to do a pass but the number crushers factor in, Airfare, Lodging, Crazy truck fuel bills plus the other expenses that they have to factor in to get to a track that is on the other side of the U.S.

It's gotta be Cheap for the teams based out of Indy with the crew living there, $9 grand to do a pass but the number crushers factor in, Airfare, Lodging, Crazy truck fuel bills plus the other expenses that they have to factor in to get to a track that is on the other side of the U.S.
Definitely makes it more viable. We'll be attending both weekends as well.

Tony Shoe needs a full time sponsor. While he is isn't my favorite, the sport just isn't the same without him. Wish Larry Dixon would get a sponsor too.

What's with the arms on this dude? It's enough with the body building already. He's been hanging around Matt Hagen way too much.

I do not understand at all, but I guess sponsors can pick and choose their drivers. Toyota has been with AB for almost 10 years...Toyota now aligns with Tony Schumacher. They must not care if there is a pretty giant MOPAR DSR representation, as long as their teams have nothing to do with it. I would think the same with Ron Capps. He was sponsored by Matco up until NAPA decided they are going to push their Carlyle Tools and Matco took a hike. Capps team is the only DSR team that does not align with Matco, as they also share being the only DSR team that Is not aligned with Carlyle. All DSR teams have a NAPA representation. Can anyone provide any information on how that works. For instance, does Pennzoil sponsor 7 teams with DSR or is that more...here's a check...Group rate us for 7?

I do not understand at all, but I guess sponsors can pick and choose their drivers. Toyota has been with AB for almost 10 years...Toyota now aligns with Tony Schumacher. They must not care if there is a pretty giant MOPAR DSR representation, as long as their teams have nothing to do with it. I would think the same with Ron Capps. He was sponsored by Matco up until NAPA decided they are going to push their Carlyle Tools and Matco took a hike. Capps team is the only DSR team that does not align with Matco, as they also share being the only DSR team that Is not aligned with Carlyle. All DSR teams have a NAPA representation. Can anyone provide any information on how that works. For instance, does Pennzoil sponsor 7 teams with DSR or is that more...here's a check...Group rate us for 7?
I don’t think the sponsors have any real alignment with Tony other than him driving the backup car for Antron. Looks like all of them are Antron’s sponsors on Antron’s car.

I don’t think the sponsors have any real alignment with Tony other than him driving the backup car for Antron. Looks like all of them are Antron’s sponsors on Antron’s car.

It could be possible, but he sat out all of 2019 due to sponsor needs and not willing to pay out of pocket to run. They could be as you say, but I can't imagine that they are not fronting the bill as opposed to DSR just using other parts of income from the other teams. If Don or Tony refused to self fund for any of 2019, I definitely do not see an exception now. Much like WJ and KJ refusing to pay one dime out of pocket to race.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back