DSR Tour - WOW! (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
Thanks to Nitro Pete and Norman (fab manager) of DSR, we got a tour this morning. Got to see the first in-house FC chassis which is almost completed for Fast Jack, all of the machining and assembly areas and a lot more. And . . . something that is guaranteed to give you chills - a blower dyno in operation! Can't even begin to describe that sound.
For any of you who are even close to Indy, most of the teams in Brownsberg will have open houses on Saturday from 11 - 3. Turn right at the Marathon station past ORP (Northpoint) - DSR is the first building on the right. Continue up Northpoint to Southpoint - you will be at JFR . . . turn left to find the other shops. If you can make it, you won't regret the effort! -:cool:

Thanks to Nitro Pete and Norman (fab manager) of DSR, we got a tour this morning. Got to see the first in-house FC chassis which is almost completed for Fast Jack, all of the machining and assembly areas and a lot more. And . . . something that is guaranteed to give you chills - a blower dyno in operation! Can't even begin to describe that sound.
For any of you who are even close to Indy, most of the teams in Brownsberg will have open houses on Saturday from 11 - 3. Turn right at the Marathon station past ORP (Northpoint) - DSR is the first building on the right. Continue up Northpoint to Southpoint - you will be at JFR . . . turn left to find the other shops. If you can make it, you won't regret the effort! -:cool:

Some of us Phoenicians have to work for a living and don't have time to take a racing vacation in Indy, lol! Thanks for the updates Jim. Should I stop by your shop and see if it's even open tomorrow with you out of town?

I went there last year before the US Nationals and thought it was awesome. They had a bbq, the drivers were all there and spoke individually. There was also a car show and the cackle fest all in one afternoon. The whole weekend was great, but that was worth the time to go and see. Then, at the races, they did the cackle fest again.
I thought the shop was so cool, all the clutch plates in that one room, the dyno room, the machine shop, etc.
Anyone ever has an oportunity to see this should definitely take it.

In house chassis! Awesome!
It is about time. There are lots of people around that can do this type of thing. I really do not know why they did not do this earlier. Great move on Don and the DSR shop's part to bring chassis in house.

Thanks for the write up Jim. But like JC stated, some of us have to stay here and work.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back