DSR / Richie Stevens / Shaun Carlson (1 Viewer)

Johnny Mopar

Nitro Member
I noticed the DSR home page doesn't show Carlson as part of the team, but still shows Richie Stevens as a team member. I seem to remember that '06 was the last year on Richie's contract. Does anyone know if he's been resigned with DSR? If so, will their partnership with Roy Johnson remain intact for '07?

Don Schumacher Racing

Lastly, and as a final thought, what wound up happening with Carlson? Last I heard he was consulting (!) Ray Evernham. Is that his gig for '07, or is he back drifting in Souther Cal?

Just curious...

Last edited:
I saw Shaun helping out with Richie's car at a couple races towards the end of the season. I don't know if it was a DSR deal or a Johnson family thing.

Michael

I really was'nt impressed with Shaun...
But after reading that WHOLE article...
I have a new found RESPECT for him...

I read the article about a month or so ago and I came away the same as you Ray. I was actually impressed. I think its a great article and everyone should read it whether you like him or not, if might just change your opinion some. It gives great insight into the DSR/Bob Glidden fiasco and himself.

Does anyone know the status of Richie for next year? I speculated that he'd move over (completely) to the Johnson camp for '07, with the Mopar dollars to support him. I'm not sure why Shoe would elect to field the car next year, or why Mopar would want that. From what I understand, there's no real work done on the car at DSR anymore. It appeared that the Johnson team did all the setup on the car, and of course, supplied the ponies.

I'd like to see Richie hooked up completely with the Johnsons. He's a heck of a driver, and with Roy's ponies could have a fantastic year in '07. They've consistently built more power and embarrassed Mopar less than any of the other factory teams...and that especially includes DSR!

Me too. I wrongly assumed he was some punk assed spoiled rich kid that bought his way in.His reflection of the time with Bob Glidden showed some real maturity.
I have new found respest for him.

IMHO, Shaun and Richie have a great relationship with the Johnson family (remember that Shaun stepped in for Alderman and went a couple of rounds) and it wouldn't surprise me to see Richie there, if they can get the funding for two cars. Roy Johnson is making some serious horsepower now and both Richie and Allen can cut lights, they're a potential championship contender. The Johnson team seems better suited for Richie than DSR because they are a family operation and seem calmer than the tumultuous DSR.

I agree Gary...the combination of Allen and Richie could be lethal. Those guys are killers on the tree, and when you add in Roy's ponies, the stable would seem to be well stocked for '07...

Does anyone know the status of Richie for next year?
Answer from the horse's mouth albeit quite vague, in my eyes.
Ace, Mike Neff, Alan Johnson, Todd and Phil, Steve Tartaglia and also Richie all know what is going on next year. See all of you at testing and you will begin to know what is going on then.

I speculated that he'd move over (completely) to the Johnson camp for '07, with the Mopar dollars to support him. I'm not sure why Shoe would elect to field the car next year, or why Mopar would want that.
$$$$$

From what I understand, there's no real work done on the car at DSR anymore. It appeared that the Johnson team did all the setup on the car, and of course, supplied the ponies.

I'd like to see Richie hooked up completely with the Johnsons. He's a heck of a driver, and with Roy's ponies could have a fantastic year in '07. They've consistently built more power and embarrassed Mopar less than any of the other factory teams...and that especially includes DSR!
Most anyone would agree with that! I absolutely do!
Morgan hasn't embarrassed Mopar to badly himself though?

Thanks Bobby. I wasn't making any reference to Larry Morgan's efforts. He's done an excellent job of building big power, and supplying more teams with it than any other Mopar builder...in fact, he's probably the one that's done so.

He did embarass Mopar at the beginning of last year when he pointed out that the new HEMI block was beging distributed to Bob Glidden (at DSR), and that Bob had far more new blocks in stock than he could ever work on, while Larry had NONE and was supplying power to four or five other cars.

Larry's done a great job of building competitive engines and cars without factory support. He's kind of flying solo...like Roy and Allen did before Mopar wisely picked them up. As a Mopar guy, I wish we had more 'Larry Morgans', but I suppose I should be happy that Morgan and Johnson are doing what they are. Without them, we'd be non competive!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back