Dragstrips Making Hard Decisions In Challenging Circumstances (1 Viewer)

Kentucky Speedway has already been lost, Auto Club Speedway is being downsized from a superspeedway to a short track so they can sell some land, and Chicagoland Speedway may be lost very soon. That's all in the last 3 years. It's certainly not a problem that's exclusive to drag racing.
I drove past the Kentucky speedway yesterday, it looks like it's a nice facility. NASCAR might return one day given their new car puts on their best races at that kind of track.

Kentucky Speedway has already been lost, Auto Club Speedway is being downsized from a superspeedway to a short track so they can sell some land, and Chicagoland Speedway may be lost very soon. That's all in the last 3 years. It's certainly not a problem that's exclusive to drag racing.

A track owner once told me it all comes down to if the land is worth more to a developer than it can make as a drag strip. That's why the Stouffer was able to sell Maple Grove to Ken Koretsky and he could keep it operating as a drag strip. Just remember, Ken Koretsky was one of the largest landowners in Pennsylvania a few years ago, and he may still be. If anyone knows land values and how to make money from land ownership, it is him.

Kentucky Speedway isn't lost it's just a staging are parking lot for Ford Mtr. Company. LOL, I drove past it last Monday it looked like a NASCAR race was being held upon closer look it was full of Ford pickups.

2 events at each top track should fill the season up
As far as the tracks National Trail has cut back their schedule this past year.
And a lot of expensive housing going in around the track, closing in year by year
Stop saying that! lol

When the state of Ohio begins that big project to improve I-70 east of 270 towards Newark/Buckeye Lake/Rt. 79 I bet it only brings more development of all kinds too. I sure hope NTR survives it.

Stop saying that! lol

When the state of Ohio begins that big project to improve I-70 east of 270 towards Newark/Buckeye Lake/Rt. 79 I bet it only brings more development of all kinds too. I sure hope NTR survives it.

one of the big developers has approached our little village to put in a development, it would be closer to the track than me and I can here the cars well. This is how it all starts.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back