drag racing TV shows are moving networks (1 Viewer)

Professor Dave

Nitro Member
Speedfreaks is moving from Speed to ESPN2 and Inside Drag Racing is moving from ESPN2 to The Outdoor Channel (but it won't debut until April).

And American Dragster will be on ESPN2...... :D

From Geiger Counter Geiger Counter: January 2007 :
1/13/2007
More drag racing TV on its way

Ten brand new episodes of American Dragster will begin airing in April, this time on ESPN2. Ron Capps remains the focal point of the show but there are some episodes where the crew follows Pro Stock racer Erica Enders as well. They also hope to add in some footage of a Top Fuel team at work.

It's been my experience over the years that fans really like to see what's going on behind the scenes and the guys at American Dragster really do a nice job of following their subjects all over the place. Driving the car is such a small part of what our stars do and this show sheds some light on all of the other demands.

"The thing of the American Dragster crew is that they're with you every minute of the day so after awhile you kind of forget they're around," Capps said. "Because of that I think the fans get to see the real people other than what they might see in a 10-second sound bite at the end of the track. The feedback we've received has been awesome. A lot of people are like, 'I had no idea how much stuff you have to do every day.' It kind of let's people see our lives for what they are, and sometimes that's a lot of hard work."

Speedfreaks is moving from Speed to ESPN2 and Inside Drag Racing is moving from ESPN2 to The Outdoor Channel (but it won't debut until April).

Why would anyone tune into the Outdoor channel to see Motorsports! I'm curious if this was this Masters entertainments idea, I hope not!

With all the new Programing ESPN has coming they propbably didn't have room for them.... But the Outdoor channel has shown other forms of motorsports.... world of outlaws and the dakar rally i know of... think thye are trying to get a lineup close to the old TNN days.. racing and hunting... who knows...

Billy

I hate to say it but everytime I tuned in to Inside Drag Racing I was disappointed. That show could have been much better as they were doing the PRI show clear into May. Not good. The Outdoor channel is probably a good place for it.

I hate to say it but everytime I tuned in to Inside Drag Racing I was disappointed. That show could have been much better as they were doing the PRI show clear into May. Not good. The Outdoor channel is probably a good place for it.

You know what? You are right I was thinking of American Dragster.

I tuned into the Outdoor Net, to see an advertised Hot Rod special, that was to air at 5pm, 8pm and 11pm. All I got was a network called Versus, not The Outdoor Network.
Crazy

I tuned into the Outdoor Net, to see an advertised Hot Rod special, that was to air at 5pm, 8pm and 11pm. All I got was a network called Versus, not The Outdoor Network.
Crazy

VS is the new name for the old Outdoor channel.....

And please do not ever let NHRA switch over to Speed....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back