DRAG RACING LEGEND DALE PULDE RETURNS TO COMPETITION IN ’23 (1 Viewer)

mikebcurve

Nitro Member

Awesome!!! Seen him run nostalgia fc at the Norwalk Night Under Fire some years back. He obviously wanted to win. The round he lost he was not going to lift, lol.

I was working at Carters when he painted the first War Eagle, if I remember right it was Glen from Circus paint that did the artwork, the car was stunning, to be able to recreate that cars paint is not something very many painters can pull off, well done, hope if Dale ever makes it out Texas way with the car I can get a closer look and say hi, good luck with the car

I'm really glad to hear this. Some people might forget, but maybe 5 or 6 years ago (maybe more?) Pulde had a real close call with a severe case of Valley Fever that he caught at one of the Bakersfield events. As I recall he was in the hospital for quite some time, and it was touch and go for awhile before he finally recovered. I think that's why he moved out of CA after so many years - to get away from any possibility of a re-occurrence of the virus. Maybe enough time has passed that he is not concerned about coming back to CA. Or, maybe he won't be coming to Bakersfield. At any rate, it will be great to see him behind the wheel of an AA/FC again.

I'm really glad to hear this. Some people might forget, but maybe 5 or 6 years ago (maybe more?) Pulde had a real close call with a severe case of Valley Fever that he caught at one of the Bakersfield events. As I recall he was in the hospital for quite some time, and it was touch and go for awhile before he finally recovered. I think that's why he moved out of CA after so many years - to get away from any possibility of a re-occurrence of the virus. Maybe enough time has passed that he is not concerned about coming back to CA. Or, maybe he won't be coming to Bakersfield. At any rate, it will be great to see him behind the wheel of an AA/FC again.

It's been more than a dozen years since he was diagnosed with Valley Fever and seemed to have overcome it. Somewhere there's a photo of me and him when I visited him at the hospital (I think it's on my work computer). Back then there didn't seem to be much information about the fungal infection, but that has changed. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/valley-fever/symptoms-causes/syc-20378761

He was here in November for the Nitro Revival and looked great. Here he is with my dad in the VIP tent. Note Roland Leong in the background.

IMG_4206.JPG

Awesome!!! Seen him run nostalgia fc at the Norwalk Night Under Fire some years back. He obviously wanted to win. The round he lost he was not going to lift, lol.
Was that the year the electric got shut off for an hour or so because of a car wreck in town?

Was that the year the electric got shut off for an hour or so because of a car wreck in town?
I’m not sure if that was the same year or not. I was there for that too. Poor Mr Bader Sr. walking around on the mic apologizing for something he had no control over. They’ve had some really crappy luck at times.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back