Drag Racing in Austin, TX??? (1 Viewer)

The F1 Red Bull sponsored team receives 900,000 euro's ($1.2 billion) a year from Red Bull. That is $2.5m per day. They take 40 tractor trailers to each race - that is for one car.

These figures are wildly wrong. The primary sponsorship on the McLarens this year was 75 million dollars. There is NO WAY Red Bull is getting 15 times that amount. The teams take 2 cars to every race and they have no where near 40 tractor trailers at the track, the big teams have 4-6.

It was revolutionary, but it also must be remembered that Bernie was a competitor, as at the time he owned the Brabham Team (it would be akin to all of the Pro Teams in NHRA signing over their commercial interests to John Force and trusting him to make them all money).

That doesn't sound like an awful idea...

Chris, some of your info may be correct but I know about Red Bull first hand. You can't operate a F1 team for under 1M euros/year and expect to be competitive. Not when you consider car building, testing, team costs, transportation costs, etc.. and they all bring in well over 1 million euros per year. Look at what a F1 driver makes per year.......it's more than the Shoe does for his whole team.

The Red Bull sponsorship is indeed 800,000 euros and they do indeed have 40 rigs. If you look at just the Red Bull hospitality suite, it's three stories high, has a complete dining area on one level to entertain clients, has another hospitality area on another level and on the top level it is a complete computer area for the team to monitor the car, because you can't completely do it from the pits. The data is compiled on the third floor and the necessary data is transmitted to the pit area. It also has an elevator and is all on top of 4 rigs. You may not see all the rigs as they are very limited as to what they can have inside the track but they are there, same as in drag racing. At Pomona there were probably 30 additional rigs parked on the other side of the fairgrounds. They carry spares, etc.
That's probably why you will never see all the rigs Red Bull has. Moving from country to country like they do they have their own fab shops, engine shops, etc in their trailers. The logistics are amazing. Don't know about any other teams but I do know about Red Bull. All the rigs are not at the same place at the same time. They work somewhat like the Rolling Stones or other concert groups. When on concert the Rolling Stones have 20 rigs in operation at all times. 10 are for the current venue and the other 10 are at the next venue setting things up. They hip hop all over that way. How do you think they can do a concert at one location on one weekend and the following weekend somewhere else.

I have a very good friend that is an executive at Red Bull Beverage and he has shown me pictures of their rigs, shops, etc. and has very openly discussed what Red Bull is paying per year. It is absolutely amazing.

Just the Red Bull sponsored HTK motorcross team will field three rigs next year - and that's just motorcycle racing.

Another big one is Monster. They are trying to catch up with Red Bull. Monster is bigger in the US but not worldwide.

Red Bull puts out a tremendous amount of $$'s each year for motor sports and F1 is their major outlay.

I would love to know what Forest Lucas puts out for drag racing, boat racing, sprint car racing, midget racing, off road racing and almost any other type of racing in this country, additionally he owns some of the tracks, it isn't small $$'s.

Just the Red Bull sponsored HTK motorcross team will field three rigs next year - and that's just motorcycle racing.

Maybe including souvenir rigs, but the U.S. Supercross/Motocross race team, Red Bull KTM, which is the factory team (two 250 bikes and a 450), moves in one rig. I think factory Honda (Muscle Milk) is the only team that uses two rigs.

The KTH team has 2 new trailers being built. They will be fielding 3 trailers for next year. Info came from a close friend who is in charge of putting the trailers together.

As far as Red Bull F1, my euro figure is wrong. It's $1.2 billion dollars. Again straight from the horses mouth.

Chris, some of your info may be correct but I know about Red Bull first hand. You can't operate a F1 team for under 1M euros/year and expect to be competitive. Not when you consider car building, testing, team costs, transportation costs, etc.. and they all bring in well over 1 million euros per year. Look at what a F1 driver makes per year.......it's more than the Shoe does for his whole team.

The Red Bull sponsorship is indeed 800,000 euros and they do indeed have 40 rigs. If you look at just the Red Bull hospitality suite, it's three stories high, has a complete dining area on one level to entertain clients, has another hospitality area on another level and on the top level it is a complete computer area for the team to monitor the car, because you can't completely do it from the pits. The data is compiled on the third floor and the necessary data is transmitted to the pit area. It also has an elevator and is all on top of 4 rigs. You may not see all the rigs as they are very limited as to what they can have inside the track but they are there, same as in drag racing. At Pomona there were probably 30 additional rigs parked on the other side of the fairgrounds. They carry spares, etc.
That's probably why you will never see all the rigs Red Bull has. Moving from country to country like they do they have their own fab shops, engine shops, etc in their trailers. The logistics are amazing. Don't know about any other teams but I do know about Red Bull. All the rigs are not at the same place at the same time. They work somewhat like the Rolling Stones or other concert groups. When on concert the Rolling Stones have 20 rigs in operation at all times. 10 are for the current venue and the other 10 are at the next venue setting things up. They hip hop all over that way. How do you think they can do a concert at one location on one weekend and the following weekend somewhere else.

I have a very good friend that is an executive at Red Bull Beverage and he has shown me pictures of their rigs, shops, etc. and has very openly discussed what Red Bull is paying per year. It is absolutely amazing.

Another big one is Monster. They are trying to catch up with Red Bull. Monster is bigger in the US but not worldwide.

Red Bull puts out a tremendous amount of $$'s each year for motor sports and F1 is their major outlay.

I would love to know what Forest Lucas puts out for drag racing, boat racing, sprint car racing, midget racing, off road racing and almost any other type of racing in this country, additionally he owns some of the tracks, it isn't small $$'s.

Red Bull GmbH (the company) owns the F1 team, they are not just a "sponsor". Their investment is far, far, far over €800,000.

A quick search of the web found this article from just over a year ago:

"To give an indication of its total budget, according to company accounts it has invested (GBP)£422m (US$675m) in Red Bull Racing since buying the then-struggling team from Ford at the end of 2004."

Dietrich Mateschitz: Red Bull's F1 returns show no sign of decelerating - Motor Racing - Sport - The Independent

I am thinking he means the Red Bull team spends 900,000 Euros per race? That would be plausible, there were 20 races in F1 this season ... so that would be 18 million Euros, which would be about 22 million dollars. That makes much more sense.

I will say it again ... there is no team spending a billion dollars a year, and there are certainly no sponsors putting out that kind of money. They couldn't SELL the team for that amount of money (and no team has ever sold for anything close to that price).

I still call shenanigans on 40 rigs ... they FLY all of their equipment to races on FOM/FIA designated cargo planes. Teams are loathe to carry more than the accepted amount of equipment, because they would have to lease the planes, crew, fuel it etc. I am just too lazy to do any research right now LOL.

Red Bull GmbH (the company) owns the F1 team, they are not just a "sponsor". Their investment is far, far, far over €800,000.

A quick search of the web found this article from just over a year ago:

"To give an indication of its total budget, according to company accounts it has invested (GBP)£422m (US$675m) in Red Bull Racing since buying the then-struggling team from Ford at the end of 2004."

Dietrich Mateschitz: Red Bull's F1 returns show no sign of decelerating - Motor Racing - Sport - The Independent

Thanks for doing the research I was too lazy to do LOL.

The article clearly states they hadn't spent anything close to a Billion dollar in 8 years (2004-2011).

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back