Drag Racing ‘super Team’ Back In Sydney (1 Viewer)

DRAG RACING ‘SUPER TEAM’ BACK IN SYDNEY

The Brett Stevens Racing ‘super team’ is arriving in Sydney this week for the launch of the 2007/2008 Australian Drag Racing Championship, with the East Coast Nationals at the Western Sydney International Dragway blasting into action from August 31st-Septmeber 1.

The event will see approximately 30,000 spectators come through the gates to witness some of the world’s most powerful cars and bikes battle it out down the quarter mile strip, including all Group One racing categories.

One of the biggest names in sport, Brett ‘The Boss’ Stevens and his team have entered an amazing six vehicles across four professional brackets at the East Coast Nationals and will definitely have their hands full come race day.

Competing out of the Brett Stevens Racing pits will be one Jack Daniel’s Racing Top Doorslammer (Brett Stevens), two Jack Daniel’s Racing Top Bikes (Brett Stevens and Troy McLean), the Kitten Car Care Products Funny Car (Brett Stevens), the SP Racing Top Doorslammer (Steve Packman) and the S&S powered Pro Stock Buell (Peter Cochrane).

“With all of our exhibition racing and sponsor commitments we haven’t really had much of an off season at all, but over the last month or so we have completely rebuilt all of our vehicles in preparation for the start of the new season,” Stevens said.

“Unfortunately though after my accident in Darwin in July it means that, regrettably, Kath (Stevens) has had to withdraw her entry and will be sitting out the East Coast Nationals to enable me to use her car and chase the Championship.”

“After reviewing the damage when we got back to the workshop after my accident, it was decided that I would need a whole new car and while the guys having been working flat out around the clock to try to get it ready, we have run out of time to get my new Falcon Doorslammer built and on track.”

“In other news, it will be the first full season in Drag Racing for sponsor team SP Tools, which has taken over the naming rights on Packy’s (Steve Packman) Top Doorslammer.”

“And Pete Cochrane has been appointed as the new full time rider of the teams S&S Powered Pro Stock Buell which won the Australian Championship in its debut season last year.”

With his first full season in the professional ranks of Australian Drag Racing now under his belt, the SP Racing Top Doorslammer driver Steve Packman is focused on the year ahead.

He going into the new season confident of further improvements after a top 10 Championship result in his rookie year in 2006/2007, which included qualifying in the quickest ever Top Doorslammer field.

“Top Doorslammer is undoubtable the most competitive Group One Drag Racing bracket and you have to be right on the money no matter who you come up against,” Packman said.

“I feel I am growing in confidence with every run I make and this year I plan to be towards the pointy end of the field and really take it to the opposition.”

“I am really looking forward to getting back out there on track and I will be doing all I can to give my new sponsor SP Tools some good results this year.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back