Does Most Rounds Won, Win Championship (2 Viewers)

FABMAN

Nitro Member
I was just reading article about Dixon/Bender, and they claim that they won more rounds than Tony S. last season still lost championship. I know you get points for setting records but is this really possible?:confused:

I was just reading article about Dixon/Bender, and they claim that they won more rounds than Tony S. last season still lost championship. I know you get points for setting records but is this really possible?:confused:

It is possible especially with last years points Countdown with all of the points resets.

It would have been harder with the old system. But qualifying points can influence it as well.

Yes with the countdown the first part of the season doesn't matter as much as the last few races. So it would be very easy to not have the team that did the best actually win the title. In fact if you look at tf, fc and pro stock last years champs did not lead their category in round wins.

Last years fiasco was especially bad. A driver could have won 22 of he 23 races and still lost. THe changes this year should help a little but until they actually make these playoff teams race each other then it really will not matter.

Even under the old system it could happen. With qualifying points and records. In fact I believe in 2006 pcc (thats pre countodwn crap) Capps had more round wins but lost out due to much lower qualifying points. I'm sure someone here can find the data to back that up but I believe they talked about that on the tv coverage.

100% correct PJ

I wasn't sure if it was 05 or 06... but that's why 07 Ace and Ron paid a lot more attention to qualifying...

d'kid

Coincidentally, buying a nice girl 3 rounds of wine doesn't mean you'll go home with her! JK. :D:D:D

I wish all series used qualifying points.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back