Does anyone use??? (1 Viewer)

JL

Nitro Member
Has anyone used Pro-Blend Drag Racing Series Tire Treatment or any other tire treatment products? What are the benefits or drawbacks to using them?

My tires have not been run much this year, and being in AZ, I want to make sure they aren't too dry...

Any input is appreciated.

i have used wd-40 before i have also used a kerosene and deisel fuel conditioner and mineral spirits mixture!
they all seem to work well. only draw back i have found is everything sticks to the tires:eek: i do mean everything:D

We have used formula v in the past works great, just follow the direction's. Scuff tires first we use a paint roller & tray, start a few days before race coat tires til dry coat again until they stay wet for at least 1/2 hr. 1 more coat the day before race. I have checked them before & after coating w/durometer go from low 40s to mid 20s. Good luck.

Justin,
As a fellow Zonie, and a guy who's used up many old slicks rescued from a divisional bone pile...I'm a firm beleiver in Formula V. It's amazing how well a dried out pair of slicks respond, been using it for years.

Thanks Billy, I am hoping to put her in the 7s this weekend at Wally World! If I do, you will see me smile as big as the old Oakley Funny Cars, only my teeth aren't that straight!

Not like you really need it butanother Formula V vote. I used to buy WJ's 3-5 run slicks. When they would stop working for me, I used fromula V. Great stuff. I used to cover the floor with a large trash bag to catch the run off. Use the paint tray and roller trick mentioned above.

Rapid

Last edited:
I saw on their website that the pro's should do it between rounds, so do you really need two days to cure?

Randy or Billy, do you agitate the tire first?

Well, I try to never piss my tires off!!! :D However I bet I do at least irritate them sometimes!

I used to do it Wed night, then again Fri night before racing on Sat. :cool:

Rapid

Last edited:
Justin,

Had a friend that tried playing with tire pressure during test. Started with 6.5 and went as high as 9lbs. His sixty improved dramatically as he increased the pressure. He ended up running between 8 and 8.5 running low 8s. Also he was running a slammer with a four link. It may differ with the rear bolted to the frame and running high MPH.

Tom

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back