Does anyone else not like ProMod? (1 Viewer)

LoPony

Nitro Member
Pro mod used to be cool, but now it’s all alky motors and blowers. Occasional nitrous.

*annoyed yawn*
almost as irritating as alky funny car, but not quite. It’s even worse than NHRA ProStock, which is really bad. 😆
Yeah, I know alky funny is hard to drive. And ProMod is hard to drive..

So?

The crowds at NHRA events would agree. Nobody sits to watch these things.

Now, Injected on nitro is cool, even if they turn the RPMs of a lawnmower. Dangerous things! Let’s have ProMod cars running nitro, with a sprung rear end. No Zoomies allowed, only headers under the car or out the side, like Scotty cannon’s old car used to be. Factory dimensions, spung rear axle. LOL (it would be crazy).

otherwise, give me mountain motor pro stock. Get rid of this abomination that is ProMod.

just a poke. 😝

Last edited:
This is Pro Mod:

1690079472196.png

This is not:

1690079556083.png

Just leave the blowers off those things completely. it’s just annoying. I mean, REALLY.

*poke*

Last edited:
Agree. I was around and watched the evolution of this class and now it’s just laughable. I’m watching it on FS2 because somehow I missed the NW nationals Q1 because a poker tournament went over! S!@#!

Last edited:
Pro Mod has evolved into what you see at 1/8 mile races. So many different classes that I can't keep track of all of them. Radial, 10.5, etc etc

I love pro mod. They cost roughly 300K to build so you’re going to build the car that has the best possible aerodynamics. The class is so competitive that you don’t want to give up a couple hundredth or more with a less aerodynamic car. Unfortunately right now the choice is either a Late model Camaro or a 1968 Camaro. Still awesome cars.

I don't really dislike Pro Mod, but they do need to tame it down. Like Top Fuel, it's getting out of hand speed wise and they look like a Funny Car with the driver sitting in the drivers seat instead of behind the engine.

I'm not a big fan of Pro-Mod an never have been. Take the money and sponsors from this class and put them into Pro-Stock.

Seems like it's rare to see a clean pass with both cars, almost always one gets squirrelly, crosses the line, hits a wall, blows up something, and delays the event. And delaying the event is what really has turned me off the class.

And alcohol dragster - injected nitro in the "alcohol" class? Stupid. Call it something else then.

I want to extend this complaint to anything Camaro bodied. The most overexposed shape ever. How unimaginative and uninteresting would you have to be to choose one knowing you’ll look like everyone else? Pick. Something. Different.

Well Mr. Engineer, design something better, and I'm sure people will use it.

Pro Mod, for me anyway, is a great class.
It kind of reminds me of AA/FA in the ‘60s; the cars did everything but go straight. They probably covered about 1600 feet on a 1320 ft course.
They were awesome to watch, as are today’s Pro Mods.
I say do away with Pro Camaro and put PM in its place.
But, I don’t know how the PM teams feel about that kind of race schedule.

Pro Mod, for me anyway, is a great class.
It kind of reminds me of AA/FA in the ‘60s; the cars did everything but go straight. They probably covered about 1600 feet on a 1320 ft course.
They were awesome to watch, as are today’s Pro Mods.
I say do away with Pro Camaro and put PM in its place.
But, I don’t know how the PM teams feel about that kind of race schedule.

Is it camaro heavy

What exactly doesn't make it a pro mod besides it having a camaro body?
Pro Mod is Bigger than ever! Totally surpassed the pro classes entry wise hands down! The NHRA is pulling some really good drivers from PDRA and other organizations to compete here. I don't want to hear you guys cry, Spend your time on the guys who build the car bodies. Sure many are using the Camaro bodies because, That's what is available. Since they got rid of the Bull**** points system, There are way more entries in that class. If it wasn't for Stevie Jackson coming in and stirring up a **** Storm to get NHRA's attention, the class would be dead!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back