Dixon/Lee Beard (1 Viewer)

Was this post necessary?

mark, we all read and listened last year as LD hinted that he had companies interested;
he made reference to a possible indy announcement,
then a reference to a possible vegas/sema announcement; neither happened.

the jist of my 'romney' reference is that with the re-election of obama
and obamacare businesses are more likely to rein in on spending as their
overhead is likely to increase.
LD was trying to form a team during an election year; the results of which
may have played into marketing decisions by interested companies.
that's all - no negative connotations were intended.

mark, we all read and listened last year as LD hinted that he had companies interested;

..... and if my aunt had a pecker she would be my uncle! ;) :D

And the dog woulda caught the rabbit if hadn't stopped to ****!

Beard will do wonders for Santo's team - NHRA is a steep learning curve, and the team are living the dream. Dixon seems to still indicate that when the funding becomes available, he wants to run his own team, and that seems like a logical step for him, given the experience he's had. Larry will enjoy himself over at Santo's in the meantime. Santo's attitude is more or less to give racers the opportunity. He indicated to Cory from Day 1 that if Cory gained a major sponsor, he already had their blessing to go and run his own operation if he chose. I'm glad the interview with Cory didn't come across like he'd been shafted. Sometimes, passionate fans on the mater take it personal when their driver is out of a ride, but behind the scenes, budgets and long-term plans can play a part in these decisions, and everyone understands its all business.

The best part of teaming with Santo is that you're pretty much guaranteed a couple of trips to Australia to race (still 1/4 mile down here). Cory was treated like a star when he was down here, and I'm sure Larry and Lee will love it as well. It may not be a full schedule, but it was a deal that they both jumped at the chance to be a part of. Congrats to Santo's team, and will be cool to see how the season shakes out.

That's a great post Daniel, thanks for the insight. Would be great if Cory could find funding for his own team, or another DSR ride.

Even with Lee Beard, if this team is going to try and squeeze dollars out of quarters I don't see them going very far.

Hope I'm wrong, I'm a big LD fan and I hope he does well.

First of all, I'm a huge Larry Dixon fan and VERY happy he's racing again, but really wish it was full time with the NHRA. What the hell is wrong with corporate America? With Beard and Dixon, we have two of the biggest and most successful names in drag racing. Is it because they don't have a Schumacher or Force team behind them? Can't the sponsors think outside the box a bit?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back