Disrespectful Disgusting Display ! (1 Viewer)

Dale

Nitro Member
I'm sure that when Francis Scott Key woke up on the morning of Sept. 14th 1814 and proceded to write the Star Spangled Banner, his idea wasn't that it be reduced to an ear-piercing, off key, trashed-out, thug-sung version of what a 25 year old "back room juke joint" thought would be a good rendition to sing.
Certain songs you just don't revise to suit your ethnic upbringing. When Congress made the Star Spangled Banner THE "National Anthem" of the Unitend States in 1931, thats pretty much what they had in mind. You don't vary that much with ANY national anthem.
Keyshia Coles rendition of the National Anthem was a totally disgusting and disrespectful display. It's the Anthem of our Nation not some hip-hop gangsta tune you and your thug buddies wrote !! If you need a clue as to how a young black R&B (true artist) female singer sings the National Anthem, view Whiney Houstons rendition !!
I just hope that NBC has learned from this and will no longer go to Dotha's Juke Joint in Oakland to find it's singing talent ! (and I you the word talent lightly).
Stick to rap Keyshia Cole (although I understand that you suck at that too) and leave our musical national pastimes OFF YOUR PLAYLIST !!!
Signed, One Pissed Off American

LOL, I must say I have to agree with you. It was a terrible rendition of the Star Spangled Banner. There is no need to jazz up,metal up, thug up,hip hop up, this song. It is meant to be sung the correct way...

LOL, I must say I have to agree with you. It was a terrible rendition of the Star Spangled Banner. There is no need to jazz up,metal up, thug up,hip hop up, this song. It is meant to be sung the correct way...

Thank you Sir, as is La Marseillaise

PJ, If you didn't see the national anthem sung before the colts/saints game last night.........then NO, you didn't miss a thing !!!

Nope I missed that.

I don't like when the national athem is jazzed up. although I do like the guitar version from hendricks.

I saw Ted Nugent play it at a Piston's about 10 yrs ago. Very cool

holy crap....mr anti countdown and mr love thy countdown have agreed on something....isn't that one of the signs of apocalypse lol

As much as I hate a hip hop version of the National Anthem, it is protected by the first amendment.

I think a ghetto style of the SSB is utterly tasteless and crass but then who ever said hip hop ghetto thugs ever had any class (or talent) in the first place.

As much as I hate a hip hop version of the National Anthem, it is protected by the first amendment.

I think a ghetto style of the SSB is utterly tasteless and crass but then who ever said hip hop ghetto thugs ever had any class (or talent) in the first place.

unfortunately mike you are exactly rite...... with both your statements.

I even think Whitney Houston's version sucks. The National Anthem is not a showcase to display over-the-top vocal gymnastics. Everyone thinks they need to top the next guy in the histrionics department and prove that they have the best chops by changing the melody, dragging out the phrasing, adding a thousand extra notes, etc., etc.. They make the anthem about themselves and not the message of the song. I find it disrespectful and I am anything but a prude. I have been a musician (both amateur and professional) all of my life and have a BS in Music/Voice. I've done everything from Opera (school) to Metal (real life!) and feel that there are just some things that shoudn't be messed with.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back