DIRECTV Partnering with MAR (1 Viewer)

Paul

Staff member
Nitro Member
It is good to see a new sponsor on the side of a TF car. To show my support, I just switched my TV service from Dish Network to DIRECTV. In fact I will be saving a few $$ for the exact service I had with Dish.

DSA_0567.JPG

Re: Direct TV Partnering with MAR

Paul, I switch from Dish to Direct to verizon fios. Fios is a whole lot cheaper and the drag races in HD are awesome:):p

Glad to see the sponsor.

Yea, always great to see new sponsors hats off to mike and that whole team. The curiosity in me asks if this is anyway connected to the failed HD partners purchase, because weren't they made up of people that were big in helping direct tv become successful?

Maybe it'll be a domino effect ! DirecTV has XM radio channels on a bunch of channels. Maybe XM Radio might start carrying the direct feed from the announcing at ALL NHRA events........just dreaming....
ESPN has the call on allowing any audio transmissions....so I was told from a guy in Glendora.:(:mad:

Great support folks! This is how it's supposed to work. DIRECTV is taking notice in NHRA and will be tracking the activity that this association with MAR will generate. I personally visited the DIRECTV corporate offices at Rockefeller Center in Manhattan and let me testify that they are a first class organization and very forward thinking. I urge every NHRA fan to voice their support for their involvement with MAR and NHRA. Let them know what you think.

Tom

Letter sent to DIRECTV thanking them for the support. I thought Dish Network had a ton of HD channels, DIRECTV has even more HD channels then Dish and they have one of my favorite channels, Speed TV, in HD (Dish doesn't have this in HD).

Directv is the only way to go.....they've been my provider for years.
Drag Racing and HDTV, what more can you ask for.

Great find.

Correct me if i am wrong but have we not seen the Direct TV colors as an associate sponsor all season long for this team? Have they recently upgraded their sponsorship package to become the primary sponsor for MAR?

Correct me if i am wrong but have we not seen the Direct TV colors as an associate sponsor all season long for this team? Have they recently upgraded their sponsorship package to become the primary sponsor for MAR?

I recall seeing the associate decal starting in Gainesville. Maybe since Matco reduced their budget this year this has allowed other companies opportunities to step up and share the primary location.

I recall seeing the associate decal starting in Gainesville. Maybe since Matco reduced their budget this year this has allowed other companies opportunities to step up and share the primary location.
That's what I was thinking Paul.

You are both correct. DirecTV joined our team at the Gainesville event in March and has been a major associate on our car since. Our agreement with Matco Tools allows for an Alternate Primary at 4 events, determined by Matco Tools.

Matco Tools is still our Primary Sponsor and DirecTV will continue as a Major Associate for the balance of the season. Both companies are great to work with, huge supporters of our sport and provide excellent products & services. We are fortunate to have such great marketing partners.

I hope this answered your questions.

DirecTV gave me $50 for being a 10yr customer. So I think they're OK!!

the fact that direct tv has entered into drag racing is just a bonus;
am also making the move from dish to direct.
thank you for your support of MAR.

Thanks everyone for your support of not only MAR and DIRECTV, but our good friends and long term partners at MATCO TOOLS. Their graciousness to give Mike Ashley the reins to develop their partnership into a powerhouse with B2B relationships and a results driven program shows their long term commitment not only to the team but the sport as well.

It was an exciting win for MAR/MATCO/DIRECTV and look for more exciting programs in the future.

Thank you for your support!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back