Did someone eat a little Crow in Reading (1 Viewer)

camaro

Nitro Member
I dont follow the TF (Torrence Fuel) class to much lately but i caught the interview where Leah talkin' a little smack, commenting about how she really wanted Brittney. Well she got her and . . . . . .

If i'm the TV director i would have instructed the bottom end interviewer to shove a mike in her face, the moment she exited the car and ask 'Wha Happen ?????

I said before and I'll say it again, the NHRA and WWE should merge. Force vs Hagan, Cruz vs J.R., Leah vs Brittany. No holds barred!

I didn't think Leah was talking smack....it's simply in a woman's DNA to push a female competitor off their pedestal. And Brittney's car absolutely the one to push. JR and Cruz? I don't know what the hell they were fussing about...something about Cruz repeatedly bumping in but Cruz seemed like he was the one mad, so....fussin' over nuthin'.... Now, Force and TP 12 years ago - THAT was a good one.

Leah and Shawn Langdon don't exchange Christmas cards, but I don't think she has a problem with Brittney other than natural competitiveness.

I didn't think Leah was talking smack....it's simply in a woman's DNA to push a female competitor off their pedestal. And Brittney's car absolutely the one to push. JR and Cruz? I don't know what the hell they were fussing about...something about Cruz repeatedly bumping in but Cruz seemed like he was the one mad, so....fussin' over nuthin'.... Now, Force and TP 12 years ago - THAT was a good one.

Leah and Shawn Langdon don't exchange Christmas cards, but I don't think she has a problem with Brittney other than natural competitiveness.
I guess Cruz thought JR was playing games in Indy when he double whacked the throttle to stage his car in the second round. Not sure why he thinks that but that is the root of their dispute.

I guess Cruz thought JR was playing games in Indy when he double whacked the throttle to stage his car in the second round. Not sure why he thinks that but that is the root of their dispute.
Which was silly. Even the boys in the booth immediately realized there was something amiss with JR's clutch amd Cruz should have accepted the explanation. Oh well, we can't all be angels and in the annals of drag racing dustups that one ranked pretty insignificant.

^^ your right, nothing wrong with it, but when u write checks you should cash them . . . . . :p
and besides as far as beating the best, shouldn't she be askin' for Torrence ??

^^ your right, nothing wrong with it, but when u write checks you should cash them . . . . . :p
At this point maybe everyone else is running for "Best in Class" which is one step below the Torrence level.

I'm tellin' ya, it's that woman vs woman thing...they're naturally competitive and hot looks often makes it more so...and besides, Brittney's car was the best at Reading (well, until E4) and has been for several races. She's a good driver but she's simply not as quick on the draw as Steve Torrence. One female TF racer we all know had a grudge against a couple of guys but she had no love whatsoever- almost to the point of hatred - for more than one female Top Fuel racer, referring to them for years as basically little silver-spoon bitches who bought their rides and who never attended the school of hard knocks.

Don't get me wrong. I like both of those girls and respect the hell out of them for what they do.

I'm tellin' ya, it's that woman vs woman thing...they're naturally competitive and hot looks often makes it more so...and besides, Brittney's car was the best at Reading (well, until E4) and has been for several races. She's a good driver but she's simply not as quick on the draw as Steve Torrence. One female TF racer we all know had a grudge against a couple of guys but she had no love whatsoever- almost to the point of hatred - for more than one female Top Fuel racer, referring to them for years as basically little silver-spoon bitches who bought their rides and who never attended the school of hard knocks.

Don't get me wrong. I like both of those girls and respect the hell out of them for what they do.
There will never be another Shirley, Della, Paula or any of the great woman of the 60's and 70's who
barnstorm the country back in the day with a station wagon-open trailer, ramp truck or in the 70's
with a Chevy crew cab with a 5th wheel trailer. There are drivers nowadays who have no clue!!!

1631647583890.png

Shirley in the seat. Top Gas Dragster 1968
1631647755274.png

Della Woods and brother Bernie's "Funny Honey" Dodge Charger body AA/FC 1968
1631648175983.png

Paula Murphy in the seat of her nitro burning Mustang body AA/FC 1966
Paula was the first female funny car driver

true...but I think Brittany was her only option at that point ;-)

There will never be another Shirley, Della, Paula or any of the great woman of the 60's and 70's who
barnstorm the country back in the day with a station wagon-open trailer, ramp truck or in the 70's
with a Chevy crew cab with a 5th wheel trailer. There are drivers nowadays who have no clue!!!
I had the pleasure of meeting Shirley twice in my life. The first time was at Gainesville sometime in the mid 80's. I was video taping the race and while walking around the pits, I saw her sitting with Steve Evans in a plain ole webbed lawn chair. I approached Shirley and asked if she would give a personal message to my wife who was home sick with the flu (I told my wife smelling nitro would clear her sinuses but she wouldn't buy it). She agreed and said "Hi Carroll, wish you were here" or something like that. I'll have to dig out the video and confirm that.
The second time was a few years later, just before another Gator Nationals at Race Rock cafe (which is long gone) in Orlando. I had just bought a die cast model of her car and wanted her to sign it.
She happily agreed and we chatted a little. The restaurant people kinda hurried me along 'causing I was holding up the line. I wished her good luck at the upcoming Gator Nationals moved out of the way.
Very nice woman that took the time to talk to her fans.
I've never met Brittany or Leah, and I'm not judging anybody here, but I think Brittany would be more like Muldowney when it comes to taking time with her fans. Leah seems to be more into herself by the videos I've seen of her. Both are excellent drivers and both are capable of winning a championship, but without getting it the hard way.

It’s funny how everybody is so civil to each other! It’s okay to have rivalries. It’s old school! Now these drivers get their panties in a bunch if someone deep stages or puts out the top bulb! Hey that’s competition! Head games are part of the game! They tend to forget that! Their top end interviews are boring! I remember dam near throw downs use to happen and snide remarks it made it interesting!

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back