Did anyone read Burk today? (1 Viewer)

Go, Jim.Let's have pedal to the metal racing.
IHRA, after purchase could expand country wide and offer East and West (of the Rockies) Championship series. Do well and move up to the National series, the NHRA.
What ever it is your smoking it's good stuff.
Lee
Nitroclovers

One thing to remember - NHRA and IHRA are sanctioning bodies. If they were one (and, maybe even if they didn't merge) there is no reason IHRA couldn't santion races at NHRA "sanctioned" facilities - conversely - NHRA (PRO) could sanction races at hitherto IHRA facilities.

BTW: No reason not to have BIG IHRA events for bracket/street or any other "non-tour" cars.

Hey Bob,

Maybe the Robosaurus could EAT the Powerade guys!!! I likey that!!!:D

Works fer me! :D

I think Jeff Burk has inhaled WAY too much Nitro and it's effecting his melon the past couple of seasons. He comes up with some really off the wall stuff. :rolleyes:

Ross, Bruton Smith has done wonders for the NHRA by producing THE Best facilities in the Country bar none! However eliminating all Sportsman from the Natl. events would destroy the sport! Now a Pro Sportsman show I could lie with; Comp, Alcohol cars and the Pro's! They did that at Gainesville in '02 and it was awesome!

I don't see how the series could live with just the fuel cars, Indy, half the fans are family of the armatures, same as Rockingham with the IHRA, those people are there for 5 days

I'm in the final development stages of fielding a Super Duper Nitro powered Tee Shirt Launcher that can accually reach the concessions if aimed corectly!

The only problem is finding enough young ladies who are not near sighted because a low aim will take out the fans.

This is funny. I suggested the basically the same thing a couple of weeks ago and got flamed. There are enough nitro/alcohol classes out there to fill a three day event.I would assume that Mr. Smith would give all the tracks dual sanctions, both IHRA and NHRA. We know that the sportsman racing will pay for it self, but not draw lots of fans. I don't think Pro racing could pay for itself just on gate alone. Enter Mr. Smith and his ability to put on a show that would draw sponsorships for both events and teams. As proven with NASCAR. I am sure it would not be the same, I don't think a lot of us might like it, but change is inevitable.

I know this would be very tough on all the beer and hot dog runs, but perhaps we could form drinking teams, or even have a designated refreshment runner. We can figure this out;)

Earl

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back