Dick Rosberg (1 Viewer)

Butch

Nitro Member
We lost another one.

Dick Rosberg, a longtime nitro and jet Funny Car driver died May 23, after a long battle with cancer. He was 69.

During my Jr. year in High school I had my first crew job when Rosberg began driving Tim Arnold's Hallucination Top Fuel Car. Based out of Coldwater, MI.

RIP; My Friend

We lost another one.

Dick Rosberg, a longtime nitro and jet Funny Car driver died May 23, after a long battle with cancer. He was 69.

During my Jr. year in High school I had my first crew job when Rosberg began driving Tim Arnold's Hallucination Top Fuel Car. Based out of Coldwater, MI.

RIP; My Friend

RIP Dick, I've talked to terry several times online recently and I met Dick a few years ago at the Jet Car Nationals at Englishtown. I always remember his historic match races w/Al Hanna back in the 90s.

A legend that will never be duplicated

I worked with Dick at Southern Cal Edison where we were both crane operators in the 60's before he turned pro. He lived in SoCal and drove the Blackie Carbon dragster owned by Jo Pat Willams of Long Beach. We had a lot of fun together, spent alot of time racing at Lions, Irwindale, San Fernando. Nice guy. Sorry to hear about his passing. RIP Dick

Very sad news. Thank you for all of the excitement and memories Dick!
I wish to offer the family my condolences at this time.

I worked with Dick at Southern Cal Edison where we were both crane operators in the 60's before he turned pro. He lived in SoCal and drove the Blackie Carbon dragster owned by Jo Pat Willams of Long Beach. We had a lot of fun together, spent alot of time racing at Lions, Irwindale, San Fernando. Nice guy. Sorry to hear about his passing. RIP Dick

I remember the Blackie carbon car.

I have fond memories of Mr. Rosberg in the early 70's. Does anyone know if Tim Arnold of Hallucination Top Fuel fame is still with us?

I have fond memories of Mr. Rosberg in the early 70's. Does anyone know if Tim Arnold of Hallucination Top Fuel fame is still with us?

After his T/F days I hadn't seen Tim in about 15 yrs I ran into him at Flatrock Speedway one night.
The last time I saw Tim, around 1994. I stopped in at his engine shop near Sand Lake in the Irish Hills area. He got remarried and left the Coldwater area and was building circle track engines.
As to him still around I don't know, since I moved out of that part of the world.

Hello,My name is Jeff Arnold, and I am Tim's younger brother. Tim is still around, still building race engines. He has a shop in Moscow, MI. The shop's name is Tico Engines.He is working out of shop at his home.

Jeff

After his T/F days I hadn't seen Tim in about 15 yrs I ran into him at Flatrock Speedway one night.
The last time I saw Tim, around 1994. I stopped in at his engine shop near Sand Lake in the Irish Hills area. He got remarried and left the Coldwater area and was building circle track engines.
As to him still around I don't know, since I moved out of that part of the world.

Jeff; Thanks for the update on Tim. Does your dad still have the auto parts store? If I remember correctly did you race Dirt Bikes?
Tell him Butch said Hi. If I ever get back to the area I'll look him up.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back