Demke and Maddern Racing Looking to Next Race after First Round Loss (1 Viewer)

Chandler, AZ – Chris Demke and the Maddern Racing team entered the Regional race this last weekend at Firebird Raceway with the car to beat. They knew this because they had just won the season opening race in Pomona, and they had a great tune-up. Funny thing happened on the way to the trophy. They lost in the first round to eventual event runner-up Joey Severance.

“We knew we had a race day tune-up,” said Demke. “The similar conditions and good track prep had us confident and feeling strong.”

The reason for this was two great runs in qualifying that garnered the Peen Rite/801 Racing Team the number on qualifying spot. With a pair of 5.33’s, they had recorded their second and third best times at Firebird Raceway. Race day paired Demke against number eight qualifier Joey Severance.

“I knew they had the potential of running a great race,” added Demke. “I closed down the air gap a little tight and was creeping in the lights. I rolled in deep and turned off the top bulb because of it. I then grabbed the brake and glanced at the front tires. When I looked back up at the tree I saw yellow.”

Severance was off and running and Demke gave chase down the quarter mile. The finish line came sooner for Severance, and race day was over for the Maddern Racing Team.

The car performed flawlessly,” said crewmember Kevin Watson. “We work as a team and do our R&D on the race track. We are comfortable with our system.”

Chris Demke added, “With the 801 Racing Revvolution 70Wt Oil, the motor looked pristine after all the runs. The bearings looked like they hadn’t made a pass. Now it’s time to concentrate on the next race”

The Regional event in Phoenix is over and done with. The next challenge for the Peen Rite/801 Racing Team is to defend their title at the NHRA Gatornationals in Gainesville, Fla. Like true racers, the first thing on their mind after the first round loss was the next race .This is the next race, and it is the only thing that really matters to Drag Racers.

….
About Peen Rite - Your source for quality shot peening, glass bead, and abrasive blasting services for over 45 years. We provide low cost solutions, high volume capacity, and a superior level of quality control. Equipped with many specialty machines designed to handle the cleaning and surface preparation for a wide variety of work pieces. PEEN-RITE gives you the ability to stay within your job cost estimation!

We believe true happiness comes from blazing down the blacktop with the pedal to the metal and our hair on fire. The whiter our knuckles get, the better. If it were up to us, cars wouldn't even have brakes, just two gas pedals. It's this never-ending need for speed that drives everything we do. We spend countless hours in the lab and lying awake at night plotting and planning how to get more speed by any means possible. After decades of research and innovation, we've developed a complete line of performance and car care products designed to ensure that your ride lives up to its potential on the street and on the track. We know what you want. We got what you need. We are 801 Racing. For more information on 801 racing, please visit: 801 RACING

Release courtesy of THR5 Communications

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back