Del Worsham in Qatar (1 Viewer)

Cool! I could hear Alan on the mic. Boy that is a first class track. Didn't know they had never run a nitro car there. They have some fast Pro Mods but I think Del really shook them up. :)

That's too cool! I would love to see the logistics of what it takes to get a team mobilized over there.

That's too cool! I would love to see the logistics of what it takes to get a team mobilized over there.
gonna' take a guess and say it hopped a ride on one of connie's planes. what i wonder is if the car was flown into al udeid air force base or the int'l. airport in doha?

gonna' take a guess and say it hopped a ride on one of connie's planes. what i wonder is if the car was flown into al udeid air force base or the int'l. airport in doha?
i bet his host had that covered

That was almost a month ago. Man, you guys are really on top of this breaking news! LoL
Alan

https://www.nhra.com/news/2019/worsham-sets-new-qatar-speed-record-funny-car-exhibition

The vid was from 17 days ago.....I understand it was stuck in a "Random TSA Interview" once it got back to the States

BTW, that was Alar Akbar Reinhar, the Middle East's newest announcer, in their attempt to mirror the NHRA's big show.

Guy wasn't bad, but he needs more air time before he gets as good as our Red Writer...

The car was on the track Jan 22nd.
And Connie doesn't fly to Qatar.
And the 1320 Video guys are cool, I had not met them before.
Alan

And Connie doesn't fly to Qatar.
Is there a reason why not?

I thought it was pronounced - cutter

Kalitta sure shipped alot of horses and whatnot's too South Korea when pocket rocket was shooting off his bottle caps.

I am on flightaware.com and other track maps for nobody needs to know business, and have followed Kalitta aircraft for quite a while. Can't recall if Qatar was a fly over, or a place not to stop and buy expense jet fuel or, there must be a reason.

Truly a global leader in getting the job done where needed.

Sorry about the red writing, it wasn't a poke. I didn't flip to normal. < *poke And don't have time to type this again.

Last edited:
Ray,

I certainly am not privy to Connie's business, (or the airplane business in general) and I may be wrong about this. But I was told that in the freight business just as in the passenger business you need a certificate of some type for each terminal you service. And that he didn't have one for Qatar, as I understood it he had never had a need for it. I can tell you that I have flown through Istanbul 4 times in the last few weeks and seen a Kalitta Air 747 there each time.

I know that DHL has a large presence in Qatar so perhaps when he has something to go there he just partners with them, but that is pure speculation on my part.

Alan

connie does fly to qatar, just maybe not into doha international airport. for a while there was an image of one of his planes on the tarmac at al udeid air force base on google earth.
it has since been removed. also have flightradar24 app and have watched his planes landing at same air force base. recently a flight originated at air base in kuwait, landing in qatar.
is there a dhl connection? very possibly. they move all F1's stuff when races move away from europe. they know what they're doing. check out this F1 logistics video

Last edited:
Mike,

Again, you could fit all I know about this into a thimble and still have room for your thumb. I am telling you what I think, not what I know for sure. But isn't flying to a military base way different than flying to an International Airport? I know Connie does a lot of military flying, but would you fly civilian freight into an air base?

I wouldn't think that the military base would allow a bunch of civilians to come on base and load race cars onto a plane, but maybe they do. I just don't know.

I do know when they picked up Del's car it was at the Hamad International Airport freight terminal, not the military base. And I know Del said that he dropped the car off at LAX.

Alan

well, there you have it. LAX to DOH. pretty cool story. hauling a nitro funny car over there and going 300+. alan, hope you enjoyed your time over there calling the races.
did fly thru instanbul's new int'l. airport? i think it was supposed to open at first of year. internet rumors say this new east meets west airport with 6 runways has a very real chance of
surpassing atlanta for world's busiest airport.........do civilian and military loads co-exist? you can bet the farm on it. is it advertised? not a chance.
note: 1320 video's video and sound quality is fantastic :cool:

Last edited:
concerning the qatar track, i heard it was built by americans and is considered the flattest dragstrip known. can anyone update me on this? i thought i read somewhere it is the flattest dragstrip ever built.

is there a dhl connection? very possibly. they move all F1's stuff when races move away from europe. they know what they're doing. check out this F1 logistics video

Thanks for posting that video.

Is it any wonder that F1 budgets run into the hundreds of millions of dollars a year?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back