Dear Alan Reinhart - Not a TF track record!! (1 Viewer)

mike

Nitro Member
Alan, I know we all make mistakes but how could you forget about Clay’s 3.628 set at the Winters at the beginning of the year? That is the track record at Pomona! Not Leah’s .64 - which was an amazing run!

Kind regards,

Michael

Well maybe it's a track record for Pomona 2. Or a track record for Less Prep. heh But... it was still a fantastic run. Her 1/8 mile was 2.92 at 299 MPH!

Well maybe it's a track record for Pomona 2. Or a track record for Less Prep. heh But... it was still a fantastic run. Her 1/8 mile was 2.92 at 299 MPH!

A track record is a track record! They don’t have separate track records due to different events. A brilliant run tho considering the change in track prep, definitely made me go “wow” the 660 wasn’t that far off from Clay’s 2.897 too. The 299 was the real impressive aspect of that run! Even when the prep was like it was 299 didn’t come up at the 660 often at all. Bad ass!

It's amazing how hard it is to get a car down the track .... but if it goes the whole way it seems to go good. Track early seems really tricky .... left lane more so

A track record is a track record! They don’t have separate track records due to different events. A brilliant run tho considering the change in track prep, definitely made me go “wow” the 660 wasn’t that far off from Clay’s 2.897 too. The 299 was the real impressive aspect of that run! Even when the prep was like it was 299 didn’t come up at the 660 often at all. Bad ass!
You are right. Changing the track prep is no different than changing weather conditions.

Was looking at Q final results. Wow, this is the best race since less prep. T/F in the .60's and F/C in the low .80's. Big shout out to Matt Smith for that Pro Stock Motorcycle 6.754 at 201.10, fastest ever. Boy they have that thing flying!!

Both of the afternoon sessions were incredible. I've seen a lot of great runs at Pomona and this race was no exception. Every time we thought someone had gone low, someone else came out and bettered it! I was joking with my son that NHRA went back to the old track prep and just didn't mention it publicly, but truth is the air was great and the track held whatever they threw at it.

Alan, I know we all make mistakes but how could you forget about Clay’s 3.628 set at the Winters at the beginning of the year? That is the track record at Pomona! Not Leah’s .64 - which was an amazing run!

Kind regards,

Michael

You are correct obviously. I have a file for these things and because I'm sometimes an idiot I updated the Winternationals but not the finals. When she made that run, I wasn't expecting it and quickly opened the file for the finals.

I did spend the rest of the evening in the corner with a pointy hat on..........
Alan

I did spend the rest of the evening in the corner with a pointy hat on..........
Alan
You're a good boy Alan....You can come out now and enjoy the banquet tonight.
BTW: What will you be doing during silly season?

Alan

boy, I can relate...... been there too
dunce-cap-cat.jpg

You are correct obviously. I have a file for these things and because I'm sometimes an idiot I updated the Winternationals but not the finals. When she made that run, I wasn't expecting it and quickly opened the file for the finals.

Alan

Still love your work Alan. Enjoy your break and have a safe and great festive season.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back