DC Motorsports Pre-Race Report: Pomona 2 (1 Viewer)

DeJoria logo.jpg

In-N-Out Burger NHRA Finals
Event 21 of 21
Countdown Event 6 of 6
In-N-Out Burger Pomona Dragstrip
Pomona, Calif.
Nov. 10 - 12, 2023
Note:
DC Motorsports owner and crew chief Del Worsham will pull double-duty during the NHRA Finals. Worsham, a two-time world champion, will return to the seat of a Funny Car, driving the CP Carrillo Toyota GR Supra. (Quote from Worsham below)

ALEXIS DEJORIA: Driver of the Bandero Premium Tequila Toyota GR Supra Funny Car
2023-11-08_17-18-15.jpg

Countdown to the Championship Ranking:
9th (-290)
NHRA Finals Event Highlights:

2021 runner-up
2014 No. 1 qualifier
2022 NHRA Finals Event Recap:
Qualified sixth; Semifinal finish (defeated Jim Campbell in E1, Steven Densham in E2; defeated by Cruz Pedregon in E3)
Last Event (Las Vegas 2):
Qualified eighth; Quarterfinal finish (defeated Tim Wilkerson in E1; defeated by Robert Hight in E2)
2023 Statistics:
20 races; three runner-up finishes
Career Statistics:
214 races; six wins, six No. 1 qualifiers
Noteworthy:
DeJoria is seeking her seventh top 10 finish
2023 highlights have included:
Winning the first Mission #2Fast2Tasty Funny Car Challenge when she powered to victory at the specialty race in Phoenix
Becoming the first female Funny Car racer to compete in 200 events (achieved in Joliet, Ill.)
Advancing to three final rounds
Fan Events:
Saturday, 10:30 -11:00 a.m., Team Toyota autograph session at Toyota midway display
Quotable:
“Coming down to the final race of the season, I look back at our performance this year grateful for the lessons learned. We had the car to beat for most of the season. There’s definitely more on the table. Our team doesn’t quit and we will continue to do what it takes to make it happen. Hopefully, we can go some rounds on Sunday and end the season on a strong note. The goal is to finish as high up in the rankings as possible.”

Del Worsham, Quotable:
“It’s really exciting to get back out there in a driving role for this one event. To pull double-duty as Alexis’ crew chief and also driving a car is something I did for a large part of my career. That’s pretty much what I did until about 2009 or 2010. I had multiple-car teams and I drove a car, and helped tune, and ran the teams so this is nothing out of my comfort zone at all. I worked a lot like this when I was driving the DHL Toyota Funny Car as well, working with Nicky (Boninfante) and John “O” (Oberhofer). I helped them as much as I could along with driving that car, so I definitely feel comfortable with this. It’s mostly just getting back in the seat again in competition. It’s been five full years since I’ve been behind the wheel of a Funny Car in competition, so it’ll be exciting.

Del 1.jpg
Del 2.jpg

“This was something that I woke up two weeks ago and thought it would be a good idea and it sounded like fun. First person I talked to was my wife, second person was Alexis, and next thing you know I was looking for a team. Got a hold of everyone on our team, found us a sponsor through CP Carrillo, Revchem, Toyota, Kramer, and all of our partners who have supported us throughout the years. Everyone’s excited and they’re onboard and looking forward to getting back out there this weekend and racing in Pomona. It’s a race I started with 33 years ago. I entered this race as a 20-year-old kid, and I had to borrow a trailer. And now here I am, 33 years later, I’m 53 years old, racing in Funny Car again with a borrowed trailer again. I'd like to thank everyone at Beal Racing, Brandon Welch, and his entire team for coming out and letting us use all of his support equipment and crewing this car for me. I know they’re really excited and it should be a fun weekend."

About DC Motorsports
DC Motorsports is an NHRA Funny Car team competing on the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series circuit thanks to the support of Bandero Premium Tequila, ROKiT, Toyota, and Mobil 1. Established in 2020, the team is co-owned by crew chief and two-time NHRA world champion Del Worsham and driver Alexis DeJoria.
About Alexis DeJoria
Alexis DeJoria is a professional race car driver competing in the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series’ Funny Car category. She is a Top 10-ranked driver, and including her prestigious 2014 U.S. Nationals triumph, DeJoria is a six-time NHRA national event Funny Car champion.
Prior to making her professional debut in 2011, DeJoria found success competing in the NHRA’s Super Comp and Top Alcohol Funny Car categories where she notched wins in both, making her an eight-time race winner overall. DeJoria is the only driver to own the trifecta of Super Comp, Top Alcohol Funny Car, and Funny Car victories. The Austin, Texas resident became the first woman to clock a sub-four second Funny Car pass in 2014, and is currently in pursuit of becoming the series’ first female Funny Car world champion.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back