David Lee Roth stops audience fight (1 Viewer)

Haha, wouldn't want DLR yellin' at me!

Not a bad set list, I knew I should have bought tix when I had a chance!

Still wish I could have seen VH with Gary Cherone....

Still wish I could have seen VH with Gary Cherone....

I did. One of the worst shows I have seen. I like Extreme and Gary but he did not fit with VH. Having said that, Eddie was the main reason that live show sucked. He was really experimenting with his guitar sound that tour and I thought it was really bad. He is known for his "brown sound" and he was messing with these controls for each string individually and it just didn't work for me. Plus his playing was SO sloppy that night.

...could have been an off night.

I did. One of the worst shows I have seen. I like Extreme and Gary but he did not fit with VH. Having said that, Eddie was the main reason that live show sucked. He was really experimenting with his guitar sound that tour and I thought it was really bad. He is known for his "brown sound" and he was messing with these controls for each string individually and it just didn't work for me. Plus his playing was SO sloppy that night.

...could have been an off night.

I've heard many stories like yours from that tour, and that's too bad. EVH made Gary sing in the key of Sammy. If he could have been himself, VH3 would have been a much better album vocally.

By the way, if you like Gary/Extreme, have you ever listened to Tribe of Judah? In my opinion, the best project showcasing Gary's vocal abilities.:cool:

Love this clip.

Uh, I unfortunately saw the Van Cherone tour. What a mess. I like Extreme, but Cherone paraded around the stage on the VH III tour like a real fruit. What a horrible show. I'm sure Freddie Mercury was rolling over in his grave.

If you want to spend your time looking at old VH clips, skip the Clichegar era, and the Cherone version, and go right to the Oakland '81 clips. There you'll see the one and only mighty Van Halen.

Love this clip.

Uh, I unfortunately saw the Van Cherone tour. What a mess. I like Extreme, but Cherone paraded around the stage on the VH III tour like a real fruit. What a horrible show. I'm sure Freddie Mercury was rolling over in his grave.

If you want to spend your time looking at old VH clips, skip the Clichegar era, and the Cherone version, and go right to the Oakland '81 clips. There you'll see the one and only mighty Van Halen.
They were badass back then..

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back