David Grubnic (1 Viewer)

they seem to be lost right now. I figured atleast 1 top team would dnq. Smoke barely got in
He’s not lost, it’s tricky tuning fuel cars. They ran well to 1/8 or so and then Spun tires. I feel like they simply make too much power and couldn’t slow it down enough. @alan?

With 20,000 things that seemingly needs to go right to make a great run, sometimes its the stupid little pesky crap like a $2 part that will ruin a run and possibly your day/weekend. I'm sure Grubby is banging his head on a cabinet in the trailer trying to get it sorted out and he will, it happens to the best of them. Even Jimmy Prock at times seems to struggle getting past 300' but eventually he gets it done.

Only thing I am wondering is if not having that second JFR dragster is hurting them not getting that extra data.

With 20,000 things that seemingly needs to go right to make a great run, sometimes its the stupid little pesky crap like a $2 part that will ruin a run and possibly your day/weekend. I'm sure Grubby is banging his head on a cabinet in the trailer trying to get it sorted out and he will, it happens to the best of them. Even Jimmy Prock at times seems to struggle getting past 300' but eventually he gets it done.

Only thing I am wondering is if not having that second JFR dragster is hurting them not getting that extra data.
There wasn't a second dragster in 2017 when she won her first championship, but that was with Alan Johnson tuning.

There wasn't a second dragster in 2017 when she won her first championship, but that was with Alan Johnson tuning.
pretty sure the championship with AJ tuning in 2017 was a solo effort. i think AJ went to salinas a couple years later? and DG took over tuning @ JFR,
and austin's 2nd JFR TF'r was introduced with various sponsors.......i think.

He’s not lost, it’s tricky tuning fuel cars. They ran well to 1/8 or so and then Spun tires. I feel like they simply make too much power and couldn’t slow it down enough. @alan?
The first three things that come to mind when a combination goes Tapioca down track are - clutch - fuel system - and chassis. If they have plenty of good clutch parts (most likley do) - and don't have a bug in the electronics, it comes down to the chassis changing enough that the tuneup needs to be changed or the pipe needs to be fixed. Severe tire shake may not visibly show up a problem right away but after a while things change. The clutch thing can change with a new batch of discs or floaters for the year but Force's other cars seem to be doing OK. Like had been said tuning these things is a easy as balancing a bowling ball on a pencil in a hurricane so what can possibly go wrong.

The first three things that come to mind when a combination goes Tapioca down track are - clutch - fuel system - and chassis. If they have plenty of good clutch parts (most likley do) - and don't have a bug in the electronics, it comes down to the chassis changing enough that the tuneup needs to be changed or the pipe needs to be fixed. Severe tire shake may not visibly show up a problem right away but after a while things change. The clutch thing can change with a new batch of discs or floaters for the year but Force's other cars seem to be doing OK. Like had been said tuning these things is a easy as balancing a bowling ball on a pencil in a hurricane so what can possibly go wrong.
Clutch, sure but they were having issue farther down track when clutch is locked up, no?

I'm guessing a bad part some ware. Unlike the days of hot lapping, you only get 3-4 shots at finding the culprit. And in today's cars they have a lot
of somethings to look at.

pretty sure the championship with AJ tuning in 2017 was a solo effort. i think AJ went to salinas a couple years later? and DG took over tuning @ JFR,
and austin's 2nd JFR TF'r was introduced with various sponsors.......i think.
I think you are right. Jasmine Salinas could sure use AJ right now, but she has to stay off the wall.

I think you are right. Jasmine Salinas could sure use AJ right now, but she has to stay off the wall.
Well guys, someone on here was mentioning that Brit lost the monster sponsorship, and that prompted a crew change, but grubby did not leave, and then of course takes a little while for a new crew to gel. And so maybe that’s it? I mean, new crew…..

Fortunately, Jasmine did not hit the wall, but she came really close. That was pretty good.

Brit's chassis is listed as a 22 Force. Remember what happened when Kalitta went to a backup car last season. Sparked the drive to the championship. The wheels have really come off the tune-up. It's bound to happen to any team. Just a few events I can remember where that car went A to B back to back times. Fingers crossed that things turn around for that team, I'm fond of Brit and Grubby both.

...or just overthinking everything.

Kenneth, I'm aware of Mac working at Kalitta's however just maybe he's that missing piece of the puzzle at Forces?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back