Dallas post race discussion (2 Viewers)

To be fair, I'd like to see her and Steve Torrence (or Justin Ashley) trade cars for a couple of test sessions and see what happens. Trying to be fair here - a poor RT isn't always 100 percent the driver.

But assuming she simply has a slow trigger, Brittany does have one huge advantage - her name. Were she a hired gun she would have long since been gone - or Grubnic would have.
She's had multiple cars and different crew chefs who I'm sure have tried a plethora of setups and changes over the years she's driven and the results don't change much. Sometimes the connection between the brain and the foot is what it is. Maybe she should try rolling it in deep like her dad does?

So John’s plan should be to chase the funding for a second TF car, Prock drives it and Grubby tunes it. Easier said than done but it prob would give JFR a real shot at the championship and also have a very good second car to help eliminate some of the other top contenders/spoilers.
Did I hear John say on Saturday or Sunday that he signed a new 3 year contract with Peak? If so that
would put John in a AA/FC when he is 75 years old.

Here's my thoughts.
1. Is it the car setup or driver is what's making Brittany have slow RT, Put Auston in it for say five 200' hits. Then Dave will know what's the problem.
2. Living in Toledo, OH I always respected JEGS as a real Speed Shop, due to the fact we raced against Jeg and others that was built in the Jegs shop.
Summit I looked at as a Montgomery Ward catalog store. Because of that I never wanted the Summit cars to win. Had nothing to do with drivers.

That doesn't mean he'll be driving. Does it?
Don't no, but he is in good shape. Look how long the Greek drove. Pat Dakin is on the
Bristol fuel dragster entry list, and I believe Pat is 75. Sorry Pat if that is wrong.
Gary Densham is no spring chicken and he still crawls in behind the butterfly steering wheel.
Man I've bin watching John and Gary race on the West Coast for 45 plus years. Now I feel old!

Last edited:
I thought he said it was Cornwell Tools that signed a three year extension with him.
I think he named 3 or 4 companys. I was doing the laundry and running the vacuum.
Don't hear that well after 53 years going to the drags. But then again it could have bin
the Grand Funk Railroad concert in 1974 great show, but load.

I thought he said it was Cornwell Tools that signed a three year extension with him.

I think he named 3 or 4 companys. I was doing the laundry and running the vacuum.
Don't hear that well after 53 years going to the drags. But then again it could have bin
Your correct it was the tool company not Peak

I went to a GFR concert in 1974...in Denver...and they were loud but not nearly as loud as Rare Earth who also played Denver in 1974. Like standing between two nitro cars at the hit with no ear protection.

I hope Brittany gets it figured out. She's a big draw; seems like a really nice person and no doubt tries her damndest for herself, her team and her old man. She reminds me a bit of Alexis DeJoria - another driver who loses a lot of rounds due to poor RTs but despite her wealthy family and no funding worries she's down to earth (so is her Dad, both of whom I've met) and a 100 percent dedicated racer.

My two boys excelled in wrestling, I never wrestled. My oldest was bent hell on his son following him. Well his son couldn't stand wrestling,
but he did do very well racing Karts.
One of my two daughters raced in MX all over the country doing extremely well I rode a Harley.
It goes to show not every father and son/daughter can perform equally.

I was there on Sunday and so glad I went. Hadn't been in a few years and had mostly been going to Friday qualifying because of work schedule so even longer since I had been to eliminations.
It was a great day of racing.

Hart's trailer was backed up against Ender's trailer in the pits, must have been some sort of border skirmish/turf battle.
Steve Johnson is my favorite in PSM that was a heartache to watch.
Maybe somebody jinxed the women, Angelle has cut some pretty good lights in the past. Leah cut a good light but still got beat. I watched the broadcast when I got home, poor Brittany looks like she needs to puke, I hope she can turn it around.
I happened to have moved to the top end grandstand when Jeff Jones went by doing 180s back and forth, watching a guy bolt from the fence was funny.
Force's deal is great news, once Brittany quits he'll be the last Force out there.
AJ to Kalitta will be awesome, Wanted Doug to get a title with Jim O but I will settle for one with AJ

The track was excellent, both lanes good, The racing was excellent, very few delays. Five star day, highly recommend.

I was there on Sunday and so glad I went. Hadn't been in a few years and had mostly been going to Friday qualifying because of work schedule so even longer since I had been to eliminations.
It was a great day of racing.

Hart's trailer was backed up against Ender's trailer in the pits, must have been some sort of border skirmish/turf battle.
Steve Johnson is my favorite in PSM that was a heartache to watch.
Maybe somebody jinxed the women, Angelle has cut some pretty good lights in the past. Leah cut a good light but still got beat. I watched the broadcast when I got home, poor Brittany looks like she needs to puke, I hope she can turn it around.
I happened to have moved to the top end grandstand when Jeff Jones went by doing 180s back and forth, watching a guy bolt from the fence was funny.
Force's deal is great news, once Brittany quits he'll be the last Force out there.
AJ to Kalitta will be awesome, Wanted Doug to get a title with Jim O but I will settle for one with AJ

The track was excellent, both lanes good, The racing was excellent, very few delays. Five star day, highly recommend.
I think brit will be hanging up the gloves soon??? Seems like the girls do it a few years or so then quit. Prob going racing for dad more than anything?? Sounds like doug maybe soon retiring?? Prob taking over connies role at some point....

It was nice to see that Steve Torrence was the 2021 recipient of the Mike Aiello award presented by Bobby Bennett of Competition Plus during the Dallas race.

I think brit will be hanging up the gloves soon??? Seems like the girls do it a few years or so then quit. Prob going racing for dad more than anything?? Sounds like doug maybe soon retiring?? Prob taking over connies role at some point....

I wonder if Courtney or Ashley would ever come back and drive? Either in a funny car or dragster and replace Britney?

I went to a GFR concert in 1974...in Denver...and they were loud but not nearly as loud as Rare Earth who also played Denver in 1974. Like standing between two nitro cars at the hit with no ear protection.

I hope Brittany gets it figured out. She's a big draw; seems like a really nice person and no doubt tries her damndest for herself, her team and her old man. She reminds me a bit of Alexis DeJoria - another driver who loses a lot of rounds due to poor RTs but despite her wealthy family and no funding worries she's down to earth (so is her Dad, both of whom I've met) and a 100 percent dedicated racer.

Your post made me think of this clip from the Simpsons (albeit a different group but from the same era). ;)

I wonder if Courtney or Ashley would ever come back and drive? Either in a funny car or dragster and replace Britney?
Don’t see Ashley coming back, not sure about Court. I would hate to see either come back to replace Brit, though. Brit is a World Champion, Ashley came within a few points and a horrible decision by John @ Indy, Court was moving in the right direction with Corradi before retirement. They ALL kick ass and do not get the credit they deserve from many.
If Brit comes back next year without Grubby and team it would be a major disappointment, she is doing a great job with them

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back