D3TV St Louis (1 Viewer)

FABMAN

Nitro Member
This is a awesome deal, really enjoyed show got to watch friends race. I want to shout out to Dusty Meyer getting into finals of Super Comp. I hope other Divisions start doing this, a few things needed, camera at finish line ,roaming camera person other than that a great show. They also use Compulink Star Trac it gives you live timing while racers are going down track. Alan, if your reading this it is a must have for AllAccess.

Agreed that other divisions need to do this. I would pay for it like AllAccess if I had to. D3 did it right and found some sponsorship for it. You won't see the Compulink screen on AllAccess because the video feed comes straight from the big screen feed at the track. They do a picture in picture type deal on the D3TV with the track timing system computer.

Agreed that other divisions need to do this. I would pay for it like AllAccess if I had to. D3 did it right and found some sponsorship for it. You won't see the Compulink screen on AllAccess because the video feed comes straight from the big screen feed at the track. They do a picture in picture type deal on the D3TV with the track timing system computer.
Probably happened the other way ... I believe a sponsor and person willing to do this approached D3. Won't happen in other divisions unless the same occurs. And as has been discussed in other threads previously, there is a lot of legal ease to be worked out on who owns the content and what can / cannot be done with it.

Someone with the technology and financial support to attend all races and set-up / tear down the equipment would need to be found. The divisions will never be staffed to handle the telecommunications piece directly. Would have to be completely self sufficient and person(s) would have to support their own travel expenses.

Drag Race Central being live at division events went away for the same reasons. $$$$.

I have talked to few people that really liked it. They even stated they would pay to get it like AllAcess, i know i would. The reason i bought into AllAcess is because i wanted to watch Sportsman racing. I personally think it could happen if people would support it.

Thanks for bringing this up. I watched a lot of this race and several of the previous ones. I'm a big fan of TAD, TAFC, TD and TS. D3 does a great job with the LDRS. Hopefully they will continue.

I have talked to few people that really liked it. They even stated they would pay to get it like AllAcess, i know i would. The reason i bought into AllAcess is because i wanted to watch Sportsman racing. I personally think it could happen if people would support it.
Like I said, $$ is what led to the demise of live reporting by Drag Race Central at Divisional races. When they were gone, racers said the same thing ... "I would have helped out with donations", "Let's start a fund", etc.

Do you see any live reporting at Divisional events? Nope. All done after the racing of the day is completed and sent to a DRC reporter at home. A "few" generous people paying a fee won't make it sustainable.

There are people in other divisions beside D3 that are currently capable and willing to provide the division live coverage experience, roadblock is $$. They are not going to do it out of their pocket.

Like I said, $$ is what led to the demise of live reporting by Drag Race Central at Divisional races. When they were gone, racers said the same thing ... "I would have helped out with donations", "Let's start a fund", etc.

Do you see any live reporting at Divisional events? Nope. All done after the racing of the day is completed and sent to a DRC reporter at home. A "few" generous people paying a fee won't make it sustainable.

There are people in other divisions beside D3 that are currently capable and willing to provide the division live coverage experience, roadblock is $$. They are not going to do it out of their pocket.

The people running D3TV must have a different take on it.

What I watch Saturday was live all the way to 1:30 am Sunday morning and it was a great event.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back