Curious about Mike Kloeber (1 Viewer)

Terry

Nitro Member
Just wondering, with crew chief musical chairs beginning again, has anyone heard anything about anyone acquiring the talents of Mike Kloeber? Seems his talents could be used in any one of several struggling camps. Any word on Mike?

Hi Terry,

Pop into the chat on Monday night. I have been lucky enough to catch Mike in there a couple of weeks in a row. :cool:

Rapid

Thanks, Randy! I've always been impressed with Mike as a deep thinker and a genuine person. Hope he lands somewhere where his talents will be realized. How's all going with Nanook and the "cave"?

I agree with your opinion on Mike. :cool:

Oh NO,,,you are not going to get me to derail your thread and then blame me. :eek: :p

Oh ok, why should today be any different. ;) I am waiting to drive Nanook at the NHHR at B-Green. Next weekend I will be at KCIR with the Plastic Fantasic Cave for the Cow Town Nationals event.

Thanks for asking,

Rapid

To continue with a brief derailment (what the hell, I started the thread, I can derail it, right?) I haven't been to KCIR in several years--last time I was there it truly was the armpit of Div 5--has it improved any lately?

Oh yeah, it is a super track and the improvement just keep coming. Nicer pits and all. I always look forward to running there. :cool:

Rapid

Wow, things have changed! Last time I was there a guy with a dragster next to me in the staging lanes for Quick 16 finished off a beer before he crawled in the car--I decided I better be really early or really late on that pass..if you know what I mean!

He must of been taking you pretty serious,,,he didn't try to drive with the beer, he finished it off before the run. :p :D :D :D

Rapid

He turned out to be a real nice guy--came over to our pit after the race and visited for a while--they are all really great people down there--First time I raced there I got SUCH a kick out of how serious they are about bar b que there. A trailer pulls in and before ANY racing gear gets unloaded, out comes the bbq and they get it fired up and then unload the race car. And the pickups parked along the fence towards the big end all were backed in with a bbq going in the back of the pickup-the whole place looked like a LA smog inversion--but a really good smelling smog inversion. One of the guys I traveled with down there is a man of few words and there was no malice intended when he walked out of his trailer, looked around and then said, Man these guys are the barbecuin-ist sonsa b**ches I ever saw!!!!
And they all were so generous with sharing their creations--one of the more pleasant pit situations I have been involved with!

Everytime we go racing there Greg Green, who posts here, does a big BBQ for the team. You are correct, it is a GREAT addition to being able to race there. :cool:

Rapid

Just wait till you get there now. The changes are pretty dramatic over last year. And yes, Scoreboards, restrooms and all! See you next weekend. Oh yea, and the BBQ is on..lol

Hmmmm - and by no small coincidence Jimmy Epler's name has been heard recently too. Possibly a Rug Doctor reunion ? ? C'mon; One can dream, can't he???

Just wait till you get there now. The changes are pretty dramatic over last year. And yes, Scoreboards, restrooms and all! See you next weekend. Oh yea, and the BBQ is on..lol
Greg, my apologies for the judgmental statements I made concerning KCIR from several years ago. Rapid has set me straight about all the improvements and I feel bad knocking a first class facility based on dated info. Sorry 'bout that--heck, ya know how we Nebraskans can get--almost as bad as those Iowa guys!:D

Greg, my apologies for the judgmental statements I made concerning KCIR from several years ago. Rapid has set me straight about all the improvements and I feel bad knocking a first class facility based on dated info. Sorry 'bout that--heck, ya know how we Nebraskans can get--almost as bad as those Iowa guys!:D

Terry,

I'm not sure I'd go quite that far yet..lol. At least in my mind it's not up to the first class stage yet but the new owner is making pretty good progress in getting the track back to where it was in it's hayday. If you make it down, be sure to come by for some BBQ. Now, I know that part is first class..:D

Not to upset Terry and go back to his original subject (hey I'm a threadjacker as good as he:D) but maybe Mike Kloeber ends up with Carillo's new operation, or with Vandergriff?

Terry,

I'm not sure I'd go quite that far yet..lol. At least in my mind it's not up to the first class stage yet but the new owner is making pretty good progress in getting the track back to where it was in it's hayday. If you make it down, be sure to come by for some BBQ. Now, I know that part is first class..:D
Thanks, Greg! I appreciate that! And I guess I better get in line ahead of Randy. I hear the name Rapid doesn't only apply to his driving!!!

Not to upset Terry and go back to his original subject (hey I'm a threadjacker as good as he:D) but maybe Mike Kloeber ends up with Carillo's new operation, or with Vandergriff?
Damn, Alan, we had a pretty good hijack goin' and then you drag us back to my topic--what a deal! By the way, that's VanderGRITH!:D

VanderGRITH? VanderSITH? VanderWITH? VanderWHO?:D:D
Yepper, you got it! Now lets get back to Rapid and Greg's bbq at KCIR--spose Mike Kloeber will be there? (Man, I have finally done it! A hijack-lets get back on topic-all in one post! That ought to up my mater cred a bunch, huh?)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back