Cruz's in car cam (1 Viewer)

Don-mon

Nitro Member
I have been noticing that during the great shots of Cruz's in car cam, (if he is not on fire) as soon as he hits the chutes, it appears he unbuckles his harness, WOW, if this is true this is a rules violation as well a stupid thing to do. Has anyone else noticed this?

I have been noticing that during the great shots of Cruz's in car cam, (if he is not on fire) as soon as he hits the chutes, it appears he unbuckles his harness, WOW, if this is true this is a rules violation as well a stupid thing to do. Has anyone else noticed this?

Is'nt that what Mr. Nascar did. So he could jump out of car at finish line.
But then he hit the wall.

Every time I see something like that, I can't help but laugh (sarcastically).

Years ago I was driving a blown altered for my current Crew Chief at the Indy Quick-32. We got there late and only had one shot to get in. The Q-32's are 1/8 mile, so the number came up on the board well before I passed them, obviously. But when the number came up, it was good enough at the time for the #1 spot. I wasn't unbuckled, but I didn't have my arm restraints on properly, so as I was pumping my fist while going through the shutdown area, my arm was obviously exposed more than it should've been. Travis, from Division 3, stopped us on our way back up the return road and proceeded to rip my a$$ over it. Not that I didn't deserve it, because I did. But since that day, I've lost count of how many fuel guys, both dragsters and funnys, unbuckle well before they exit the racing surface, not to mention the many times I've seen them jump straight up out of the car in celebration.

I get a chuckle every time I see it..............

Sean D

There was a rule awhile back about this that NHRA was suppossed to be "strongly enforcing". It seems that it was just "flavor of the month" from NHRA's PR department and it was never enforced. Greg Anderson on SEVERAL passes, the in car cam clearly shows him removing his neck brace and other "required" safety equipment soon after he pulled the chutes.
A pass is not over at the finish line...it ends when the car comes to a complete stop after exiting the racing surface.

I can remember at Indy they used to watch us turn off the track and was looking for safety gear to be in place.

Does anyone remember back in the mid to late 90's when Tony Pedregon's belts weren't locked properly and when he hit the chutes he flew forward out of the seat and hit the windshield.

That is one of the freakiest things I have seen and he was extremely lucky not to be hurt or killed.

Bob Glidden

I remember a long time ago during a TV broadcast, they put a camera inside Bob Glidden's Pro Stocker, in the back facing forward. You had a very clear view of Bob from the rear while he was driving. I distinctly remember that as SOON as he crossed the finish line and deployed the chutes, off came the helmet, tossed into the back, and then off came the shoulder belts. He had to have been doing at least 90-100mph when the belts came off. I imagine that the powers that be couldn't have been very pleased when they saw that.

Anyone else remember that? :confused:

I hope your not talking about Dale Sr. And his fatal wreck. That is sick if you are.

No offense to Dale , I'm told he would unclick the harness, and jump out of car at finish line. I don't watch Nascar but work with guys who are big into it, they go to all the big races and tell many stories, about doing donuts at finish line etc. Never could figure out his death at a speed and impact that looked much less severe than many others, that drivers walk away from.
What was outcome with lawsuit with Simpson ?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back