Cruz / Force ? (1 Viewer)

In my opinion, once both bulbs go out, you're beyond the starting line and should be red lit. I don't care if it is one mm for one thousandth of a second. You break both beams, you're beyond the starting line and you red lit. The driver is responsible for staging properly and not rolling or rocking all the way through the beams.

Full disclosure. I may have had Cruz in the "Pick The Winner", so I may be a little more sensitive to this particular incident. 😁

In all seriousness, I don't think putting out both bulbs should be allowed, even for a split second.

Didn't they do something to the the stage beams a while back to prevent red lights because the turbo pro mod cars bumping in would rock back and forth, sometimes hard enough they would go in and out of stage?
I believe so, if you just flicker a bulb off and it comes right back on, then there's no harm no foul. The red only comes on if the bulb stays off for a preset amount of time. Which seems to be why the red light didn't come on for John turning off both bulbs, because it was only for a split second. Also why flickering the stage beam when rolling in shallow doesn't count as rolling backwards out of the beam.

I would have to agree with Vaughn. I never thought it was a timing or equipment issue, just a driver issue. If I read Alan's response correctly, is deep staging in the sportsman classes not allowed or did I not understand what he said?

I would have to agree with Vaughn. I never thought it was a timing or equipment issue, just a driver issue. If I read Alan's response correctly, is deep staging in the sportsman classes not allowed or did I not understand what he said?
Deep staging in the national/divisional sportsman classes is not allowed. If you don't have both stage lights on when the tree is activated, you'll be given a DEEP red. The timer still won't start until you clear the beams, so time run information will be accurate, but it would be considered the first red-light in eliminations.

Also, courtesy staging is mandatory, so if you double-bulb, you will be backed out. Our rules allow for a lot less gamesmanship than the pro classes.

Deep staging in the national/divisional sportsman classes is not allowed. If you don't have both stage lights on when the tree is activated, you'll be given a DEEP red. The timer still won't start until you clear the beams, so time run information will be accurate, but it would be considered the first red-light in eliminations.

Also, courtesy staging is mandatory, so if you double-bulb, you will be backed out. Our rules allow for a lot less gamesmanship than the pro classes.
I believe it is allowed in some stock classes. Alan?

I believe it is allowed in some stock classes. Alan?
Looks like I was wrong. According to the rulebook, deep staging is only prohibited in Stock, Super Stock, and the .90 categories (section 2, page 2). I guess TD, TS, and Comp can deep stage if we want, but I have no idea why anyone would want to. Courtesy staging is enforced for all of us, though.

Your right. I can only see deep staging on a pro start tree. Are electronics, i.e, delay boxes legal in sportsman classes other that TD, TS ?

Local tracks allow deep staging but they're not running NHRA classes

Your right. I can only see deep staging on a pro start tree. Are electronics, i.e, delay boxes legal in sportsman classes other that TD, TS ?
Local tracks allow deep staging but they're not running NHRA classes
Back in the day - early to mid '70's, we would go past the line and back into the beam to get an advantage. The tracks finally put a big sign up there in the bleach box "no backing into the beam". slowed everything down too much or else they thought it was an unfair advantage or something.

Back in the day - early to mid '70's, we would go past the line and back into the beam to get an advantage. The tracks finally put a big sign up there in the bleach box "no backing into the beam". slowed everything down too much or else they thought it was an unfair advantage or something.
I would think a safety issue, if someone didn't take it out of reverse as well

I have seen times "back then" where someone DID forget to take it out of reverse. Tree turned green, back they went.....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back