Cruz a Class Act (1 Viewer)

Paul

Staff member
Nitro Member
After the final round win today Cruz sought out Connie Kalitta and presented him with the Wally from today's race. During the interview back on the starting line you could tell Cruz was touched by what this could have meant for Connie and I applaud him for doing this. Many people like to crap on him, but he has a good heart.

*Eugene, didn't want to steal your thunder from the other thread, but I thought this deserved its own thread.

Cruz is okay. Just a fierce competitor, that's all. Whatever it takes to win. That was a really nice gesture by him. I'm sure Connie appreciated it.

That was a great gesture towards Connie, but I wouldn't go as far as to call Cruz a class act. Just when you try to like him again, he has to open that mouth of his and throw others under the bus. Did you catch the interview Saturday when he said he said his vender's parts are crap and he needed to show them how to design their own parts?

That was a great gesture towards Connie, but I wouldn't go as far as to call Cruz a class act. Just when you try to like him again, he has to open that mouth of his and throw others under the bus. Did you catch the interview Saturday when he said he said his vender's parts are crap and he needed to show them how to design their own parts?
I would... but, i don't put a lot into what someone says when they have a mic stuck in their face in the heat of the moment. I judge a persons character more on what i see that person do the majority of the time on a day to day basis in normal situations... and how they have treated me, personally.

have never met cruz, but IMO he personifies the independent racer that nhra was founded on and also what fans can
relate too. he's been at this for 20+ years and didn't get there
being mr. nice guy. if you think any of the other owners have gotten where they are at by being nice
then don't stop taking your naive pills.....show me another independent running all time low e.t.'s.
bad ass racer and nice move with the trophy.

have never met cruz, but IMO he personifies the independent racer that nhra was founded on and also what fans can
relate too. he's been at this for 20+ years and didn't get there
being mr. nice guy. if you think any of the other owners have gotten where they are at by being nice
then don't stop taking your naive pills.....show me another independent running all time low e.t.'s.
bad ass racer and nice move with the trophy.

Ah yes, the nice guys finish last argument. I'm sure that John Force wasn't always warm and fuzzy but I never hear of people having a bad experience with him.

Well put Mike Larson. I put Cruz in there with Bazemore and Hofmann (nobody liked those guys much either)...they said what was on their mind! I miss those days when those three mixed it up with John. That's why I still root for Cruz. And Sam, I've seen John blow plenty of people off. Don't make him out to be a Saint. That's NHRA/ESPNs job

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back