Creasy optimistic - 7th surgery is his last (1 Viewer)

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (October 7, 2008) - Dale Creasy, Jr. - two-time and defending IHRA Nitro Funny Car World Champion is recovering from his seventh surgery since his accident during the Rocky Mountain Nationals this past July 4th in Edmonton, Alberta.

The most recent surgery to repair the calf muscle in his left leg was said to be a success. Creasy is looking forward to beginning the rehabilitation process.

"It's been a long ordeal," Creasy said from his room at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis. "All the doctors have been great. This facility is great They're doing everything they can and I can't thank them enough."

In between surgery's Creasy was able to join his team for successful outings in Martin, Tulsa and Epping with his good friend John Lawson behind the wheel.

"It was really important for us to be back out there," Dale said. "We really wanted to do it as a 'thank you' to our fans and the IHRA for all of the support they gave to me, my family and my team. I also wanted to thank John [Lawson] for stepping in and driving our car for us. It meant a lot to everyone on our team to see our car out there again racing. John helped us with that opportunity."

The road to recovery for Creasy includes a stop at the IHRA World Finals in Rockingham, NC, October 17-19. In 2006, Rockingham provided the backdrop to the end of Creasy's record setting quest to obtain his first championship. Creasy would finish the final race of the season, in the final round to maintain his five point lead over Jack Wyatt.

"Rockingham will always be a special place for our team," Creasy said. "Tony Beyer from Tek Pak and Stan Ciesla from Beaver Shredding will be there with us in Rockingham. I couldn't think of two better friends and supporters to end the season with."

About Dale Creasy Jr.
Dale Creasy Jr. has been driving a Nitro Funny Car for over 15 years. He raced in NHRA competition and match raced for the majority of those 15 years before, in 2006, driving full-time on the IHRA circuit. His move to IHRA paid immediate dividends as he captured the 2006 World Championship in dramatic fashion, edging Jack Wyatt by a mere five points and clinching the title at the final race of the season…the World Finals in Rockingham.

Creasy followed up his incredible 2006 season with a dominant one in 2007 where he clinched his second consecutive championship with four races remaining on the schedule. He ended up winning the title by 340 points, again over second-place Jack Wyatt. Creasy is chasing a third straight world championship with the help of Jet Label & Tape, MSD Ignition, GM Performance Parts, Red Line Synthetic Oil, VSI, Oakley, Crane Cams, Fram Filters, Tek Pak, PolyDyn TX7, Stevenson Crane and Beaver Shredding.

To learn more about Dale Creasy, Jr. visit Dale Creasy Jr.

photo used with permission © Chris Graves - maxcacklephotos.com

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back