Creasy hopes 11 is his lucky number (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]INDIANAPOLIS (January 27, 2009) - Eleven wins over the past three IHRA season gave Dale Creasy, Jr. two consecutive World Championships. He's hoping the number eleven is his lucky number.

Creasy will undergo his 11th surgery today to repair damage to the leg he injured during a July '08 race in Edmonton. Through it all, Creasy remains upbeat. "I'm not going to let it whip me," he said before the surgery. "I'm looking forward to going back to Edmonton and whipping that track. We were leading that race when the transmission failure happened. Our team deserves to go back out there and beat that track. The great fans in Edmonton and drag racing fans from all over the world have shown so much support to me during this time. I'm determined to get back out there as a way to say thank you to them."

Creasy's road to recovery has had its fair share of tire shake and smoking tires. As recently as the December 2008 IHRA Banquet Creasy was seen walking with the aid of crutches and a walker. His appearance led to a standing ovation when IHRA President Aaron Polburn noted in his opening remarks how inspiring it was to see 'Peanut'.

During a subsequent check up, doctors discovered infection in his leg that would require the 10th surgery and now the 11th to make additional repairs.

"The doctors are optimistic that when this is done I should be able to start rehabilitation again," Creasy said. Meanwhile 'The Champ' is making plans. "I've got a lot of time to sit around and think. I'm ready to get busy working on the car. It doesn't matter if it's a match race, a grudge race or a race for the championship - we're going to be back out there."

About Dale Creasy Jr.
Dale Creasy Jr. has been driving a Nitro Funny Car for over 15 years. He raced in NHRA competition and match raced for the majority of those 15 years before, in 2006, driving full-time on the IHRA circuit. His move to IHRA paid immediate dividends as he captured the 2006 World Championship in dramatic fashion, edging Jack Wyatt by a mere five points and clinching the title at the final race of the season…the World Finals in Rockingham.

Creasy followed up his incredible 2006 season with a dominant one in 2007 where he clinched his second consecutive championship with four races remaining on the schedule. He ended up winning the title by 340 points, again over second-place Jack Wyatt. Creasy is chasing a third straight world championship with the help of Jet Label & Tape, MSD Ignition, GM Performance Parts, Red Line Synthetic Oil, VSI, Oakley, Crane Cams, Fram Filters, Tek Pak, PolyDyn TX7, Stevenson Crane and Beaver Shredding.

To learn more about Dale Creasy, Jr. visit Dale Creasy Jr.

photo used with permission © Chris Graves - maxcacklephotos.com

Attachments

• dale_creasy-_jr_525346.jpg
    dale_creasy-_jr_525346.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 682
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back