Crazy season. (1 Viewer)

Silly season means nothing. They could all, but the Torrances, play musical chairs and it won't change a thing. The stone, cold reality is Capco will continue to dominate TF until the Torrences get weary of toying with these mere mortals. If you have seen their operation in person, it is obvious they stand alone in terms of professionalism. Solid driving, excellent tune up, motivated skilled crew and new parts. If the pipeline money keeps coming, they will walk away with all the records. The only way to beat them is to take the next step. Formula 1 style of funding, personnel, engineering, and race craft.

Silly season means nothing. They could all, but the Torrances, play musical chairs and it won't change a thing. The stone, cold reality is Capco will continue to dominate TF until the Torrences get weary of toying with these mere mortals. If you have seen their operation in person, it is obvious they stand alone in terms of professionalism. Solid driving, excellent tune up, motivated skilled crew and new parts. If the pipeline money keeps coming, they will walk away with all the records. The only way to beat them is to take the next step. Formula 1 style of funding, personnel, engineering, and race craft.
If Force was driving like she is now and grubby putting tune ups that can win any race, Britt being that close at the end, doug and alan, Steve’s going to have to work his ass off, no easy domination next year, not to say this year was easy by any means, I believe he and his crew are up to the task, next year is a whole new deal, and from I’ve seen he will welcome the challenge, going to make top fuel fun watch

very unlikely, but wouldn't that be something if jim oberhoffer ended up tuning tony schumacher next year.

I think Larry Dixon joins Antron's team for the first 2 driver, 1 car TF team.......

Perfect idea! Just like in off shore powerboat racing…..Antron Brown runs the throttle and clutch up front and Dixon is in back in charge of steering, parachutes, braking and fuel shut off. Car owner Eddie Hill. Crew Chief: Pat Austin.

~:)~

I’m thinking Grubby to Salinas also. If Jasmine moves up, they’ll need a Team Manager that could tune both. Grubby & Mac Savage fit the bill

Silly season means nothing. They could all, but the Torrances, play musical chairs and it won't change a thing. The stone, cold reality is Capco will continue to dominate TF until the Torrences get weary of toying with these mere mortals.
Am not sure if it was on the tv broadcast or on the webcast, but at Pomona, Steve said he/they would keep running until the crew said they were tired or bored (am paraphrasing from memory).

i'm still waiting for mcmillen to re-emerge.......just sayin'. i know terry still wants to be back out there. and we haven't heard anything about rob w. yet.

Good interview with Josh on CompPlus. He will have a backup car that may evolve into a team car or rent-a-ride deal. And I agree, we need Terry back, I had hoped with people driving again Amalie would re-engage.

Who do you think set up the tuneup for Torrance when he moved from alcohol dragster to top fuel? Alan Johnson was the one. Wherever he goes that team is a major player providing he has a good driver.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back