Countdown not working in Nextel Cup (1 Viewer)

Nascar has been going downhill since the 2000 and 2001 seasons. The Chase has some to do with it, but the racing...well it isn't racing anymore. COT, provisionals, owner/driver points, all of these things are making the sport for Marketing and not racing. Atleast in NHRA, everyone still has to qualify for each event. What would happen in Nascar if Stewart, Gordon, and Johnson didn't qualify for Daytona? Some say it would never happen regardless....I may be to differ.

Interest in NASCAR actually peaked in 2001 after Dale's death. Many people who were oblivious to NASCAR wanted to know what the fuss was all about. Some of those newbies have hung around while many "old school" followers have lost interest due to the reasons already mentioned. Dale's death also saved the diecast industry. Action's stocks dropped below $5.00 a share before Dale's untimely death. Having one "Chase" without Gordon and Earnhardt didn't help them that's for sure. I, along with several others I talked to, sat out the fall Dega race because of it. We didn't see the point of going. This year, without JR, won't help them either. Many also turn it off when Gordon/Johnson dominate.

Interest in NASCAR actually peaked in 2001 after Dale's death. Many people who were oblivious to NASCAR wanted to know what the fuss was all about. Some of those newbies have hung around while many "old school" followers have lost interest due to the reasons already mentioned. Dale's death also saved the diecast industry. Action's stocks dropped below $5.00 a share before Dale's untimely death. Having one "Chase" without Gordon and Earnhardt didn't help them that's for sure. I, along with several others I talked to, sat out the fall Dega race because of it. We didn't see the point of going. This year, without JR, won't help them either. Many also turn it off when Gordon/Johnson dominate.

One of my best buddies was going to 7 cup race weekends and 3 NHRA national events for several years......(after I turned him on to the drags:D)

This year he was 2 cup and no drag.

Why???

The cost. He told me the Chase was irrelevent.

He could take it or leave it.

Also him and his wife bought a condo in Daytona right near the track that he will be retiring to in about 10 years.

That takes $$$$$$$

Another interesting thing I heard was that alot of the fans that NASCAR pulled in a few years back had kids around 11 or 12 years old.

They had alot of influence over Ma' 'n' Pa' and were really soaking up the Hype.

Wa' happened???

College.

That takes $$$$$$$$$

I know from experience, those weekends are Waaaay more expensive than the drags. Especially for a family.

NASCAR peaked and is now planing off. Nothing lasts forever.

It still......sorry to say, is quite popular, regardless.

REX

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back