Countdown not working in Nextel Cup (1 Viewer)

Doug in the woods

Nitro Member
Not working for NHRA either
according to artical in paper as per Jayski's® Silly Season Site
countdown added 2 drivers 10 up to 12
raitings for cup races (ABC and ESPN= Kansas race drew 3.1 vs a 4.0 in 2006
4.5 in 2005
This years Talladega drew a 4.6 compared to a 4.8 and a 5.3 two years ago.
At Charlotte the race drew a 4.2 this year vs 4.7 in 2006 and a 5.1 in 2005
Wonder how much the ratings are going to go down with the NHRA countdown?
or perhaps NHRA could care less seeing how they, NHRA excutives are selling out the pro series.
Wake up NHRA, the ratings just may tumble as history repeats itself.

4.5 in 2005
or perhaps NHRA could care less seeing how they, NHRA excutives are selling out the pro series.

Here. I'll take one for the other side for a change. My best corporate answer.

"How do you prove a negative? Those number were probably going to be MUCH worse than that and the countdown helped to prop them up." :D

Come on Doug, get a clue....................................We've already discussed this, people have quit watching NASCAR because the fad has warn off. It's not the popular thing to do anymore. Hard core race fans still watch, but not any more for the casual sports fans. 2002 through 2004, everyone was jumping on the NASCAR bandwagon. Same with all motorsports.

I have a great suggestion. Go start a frickin' sticky up top labeled COUNTDOWN vs. ANTI COUNTDOWN and keep all of this bitching in one place. Every other thread on the Mater these days is about the same thing, and the ones that were started as a legitimate thread get polluted with the same old crap. It's like having a nagging wife that harps on the same chit over, and over, and over, and over again. Sooner or later, well you can figure it out.................:cool:

Come on Doug, get a clue....................................We've already discussed this, people have quit watching NASCAR because the fad has warn off. It's not the popular thing to do anymore. Hard core race fans still watch, but not any more for the casual sports fans. 2002 through 2004, everyone was jumping on the NASCAR bandwagon. Same with all motorsports.

I have a great suggestion. Go start a frickin' sticky up top labeled COUNTDOWN vs. ANTI COUNTDOWN and keep all of this bitching in one place. Every other thread on the Mater these days is about the same thing, and the ones that were started as a legitimate thread get polluted with the same old crap. It's like having a nagging wife that harps on the same chit over, and over, and over, and over again. Sooner or later, well you can figure it out.................:cool:

I agree Lance. It is what it is. Either live with it or not!

None of the handful of people here are going to make a difference in the thinking of the NHRA.

Lance,
quit talking about my wife!:D
i'll maintain that the taxi cab chase is geared toward retaining
while the straight liners chase is geared toward gaining.
mite be wrong, will admit if i am, but leaving some space/time to
see what happens with the HDP investment.
i agree, i think nascar peeked a couple years ago.
the worst nhra can do is remain status quo. old or new points

4.5 in 2005

Heh..........OF COURSE the "Countdown" is not working for NASCAR

They have the "CHASE":p:D

REX

Proof please???:)

REX

4.5 in 2005

Come on Doug, get a clue....................................We've already discussed this, people have quit watching NASCAR because the fad has warn off. It's not the popular thing to do anymore. Hard core race fans still watch, but not any more for the casual sports fans. 2002 through 2004, everyone was jumping on the NASCAR bandwagon. Same with all motorsports.:

I disagree... the Chase over there and the new COT have made many of the old time fans give up on the series.... self included... we gave the Chase a chance... couple years of it and it SUCKS... plain and simple.. we gave the COT a chance and the races SUCKED....Most of the fans they have now are newbies... stick around because ..well they just don't know any better...

there is a report that the Local weekly racing programs are up in attendance.. and reason most given is they are tired of the BULL in CUP.. and went back ot the roots of real oval track racing... the local bullring...

Billy

AMEN!!!!!!!

I love how tha countdown fans demand facts as to why it doesn't work. When shown numbers as to how the system it mimiks has suffered they quickly discount them and give other supposed reasons for nascars drop in numbers.

Don't ask for facts when you really have no intention of acknowledging them. The chase had a first year bump in ratings and has since gone down every year. The numbers have dropped below what they were pre chase. Someone mentioned it was a fad. Thats one of the arguements I've used against the countdown. Why damage the integrity of the championship race for a fad????

If our complaining isn't going to work, do you really think your complaining about us will make us stop?

I love how tha countdown fans demand facts as to why it doesn't work. When shown numbers as to how the system it mimiks has suffered they quickly discount them and give other supposed reasons for nascars drop in numbers.

Don't ask for facts when you really have no intention of acknowledging them. The chase had a first year bump in ratings and has since gone down every year. The numbers have dropped below what they were pre chase. Someone mentioned it was a fad. Thats one of the arguements I've used against the countdown. Why damage the integrity of the championship race for a fad????

If our complaining isn't going to work, do you really think your complaining about us will make us stop?

All Righty PJ...
I could care less really, to me it's about the Sweet Sixteen Every Race

but I'd like to see the purse go up every Race and Pass the Belt Weekly...
but that's me...

d'kid

The chase had a first year bump in ratings and has since gone down every year. The numbers have dropped below what they were pre chase.

Nascar has been going downhill since the 2000 and 2001 seasons. The Chase has some to do with it, but the racing...well it isn't racing anymore. COT, provisionals, owner/driver points, all of these things are making the sport for Marketing and not racing. Atleast in NHRA, everyone still has to qualify for each event. What would happen in Nascar if Stewart, Gordon, and Johnson didn't qualify for Daytona? Some say it would never happen regardless....I may be to differ.

Nascar has been going downhill since the 2000 and 2001 seasons. The Chase has some to do with it, but the racing...well it isn't racing anymore. COT, provisionals, owner/driver points, all of these things are making the sport for Marketing and not racing. Atleast in NHRA, everyone still has to qualify for each event. What would happen in Nascar if Stewart, Gordon, and Johnson didn't qualify for Daytona? Some say it would never happen regardless....I may be to differ.

I tend to agree with that. When even the racing at short tracks like Bristol and Martinsville become a snorefest then something is wrong and the blame can't be placed entirely on the Chase.

BEST POST EVER

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back